Ladies & Gentlemen: Happy Fourth!

Old July 5th 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

Default Ladies & Gentlemen: Happy Fourth!

("Jim" wrote)
Lincoln, Kennedy (John and Robert), Connally, Wallace, Reagan, Ford,
McKinnley, Garfield, Long, Truman,...American politicians...victims to gun
violence. Not something to brag about!

OSH link to would-be Teddy Roosevelte assassin.

http://www.theodoreroosevelt.org/life/timeline.htm
Shot in the chest while entering an automobile outside the Hotel Gilpatrick
in Milwaukee, WI by would-be assassin John Nepomuk Schrank at about 8:00
p.m. Campaigning on the "Bull Moose" ticket, TR delivers a 90-minute speech
at the Auditorium in Milwaukee before seeking medical attention. The bullet
would never be removed. [Schrank was declared insane on November 13, 1912
and committed to the Northern State Hospital for the Insane at Oshkosh, WI,
and died at the Central State Hospital in Waupun, WI on September 15,1943.]

Montblack

Old July 5th 06, 08:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hi Jay,

Hope you enjoyed Independence Day.

As for for flying, well, you can do the same thing in the most of
continental Europe except the Great Lakes tour.
It is a bit more costly though.

Now tell me, where can you land in five different countries in five
hours flying time with somthing as slow as a C150 without the need of
filling out a single piece of paper(not counting aircraft log).

Thousands....er.....hundreds....hmm...dozens of Europeans pilots do
several countries in one day without any problems. ;-)

Still, I like to do some flying in the US one day.

-Kees D-EHNE

Old July 5th 06, 11:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Jim wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:

What a bizarre concept of freedom.

Trust me: One of the only reasons we have maintained our freedom for
over 230 years is because every American politician knows that every
citizen is potentially armed.
--

Lincoln, Kennedy (John and Robert), Connally, Wallace, Reagan, Ford,
McKinnley, Garfield, Long, Truman,...American politicians...victims to
gun violence. Not something to brag about!

As they say, freedom isn't free. Never has been and never will be.

Matt
Old July 5th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

John wrote:

Jim wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:

What a bizarre concept of freedom.

Trust me: One of the only reasons we have maintained our freedom for
over 230 years is because every American politician knows that every
citizen is potentially armed.
--

Lincoln, Kennedy (John and Robert), Connally, Wallace, Reagan, Ford,
McKinnley, Garfield, Long, Truman,...American politicians...victims to
gun violence. Not something to brag about!

More precisely, victims of dangerous criminals. If you're dead, you're
dead. Would it matter if they were instead by knives, poison, fists, etc.

Or suicide bombers?

Matt
Old July 5th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
"Montblack" wrote:

the Northern State Hospital for the Insane at Oshkosh, WI

And the press has the gall to say pilots are crazy.
One has to wonder where they get their information....
I bet they could go to Oshkosh in a couple of weeks and interview ...
Wait a minute, what was the address of that hospital before it was torn
down so they could build an airport?
Old July 5th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

wrote)
As for for flying, well, you can do the same thing in the most of
continental Europe except the Great Lakes tour.

The Grand Canyon flight might be tough "over there," too. g

Montblack

Old July 5th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
Matt Whiting wrote:

As they say, freedom isn't free. Never has been and never will be.

"Freedom's just another name for nothing left to give, and it ain't
nothing if it ain't free!"

Janis Joplin
Old July 5th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 14:45:37 GMT, john smith wrote in
::

"Freedom's just another name for nothing left to give, and it ain't
nothing if it ain't free!"

Janis Joplin

I don't know if you're trying to make a point, or if you just got it
wrong, but the word 'give' in the quote above should have been 'lose'
if it would be correctly attributed to Ms. Joplin.

Old July 5th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

("john smith" wrote)
"Freedom's just another name for nothing left to give, and it ain't
nothing if it ain't free!"

Janis Joplin

People - gotta reach 'em
Sit 'em right down and then you gotta teach 'em 'bout
Freedom - gotta win it
Gotta put yourself smack dab in it

"Mother Freedom"
Bread
Maybe-I'm-A Want You (1972)

Montblack
What? :-)

Old July 5th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
Larry Dighera wrote:

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 14:45:37 GMT, john smith wrote in
::

"Freedom's just another name for nothing left to give, and it ain't
nothing if it ain't free!"

Janis Joplin

I don't know if you're trying to make a point, or if you just got it
wrong, but the word 'give' in the quote above should have been 'lose'
if it would be correctly attributed to Ms. Joplin.

You are correct, I got my verses mixed up.