DG-1001 e neo - UPDATE

Old October 24th 19, 01:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default DG-1001 e neo - UPDATE

NEW - DG-1001e neo with FES with 40 HP

Quality, performance, safety and all-round capabilities have always been the most important characteristics of our well known DG-1000 family since its roll-out. With more than 300 units sold, the DG-1000 family is flying in all areas of gliding. For us it was a logical conclusion to run this successful model through an update now.

With the DG-1001e neo we present the world’s first double seater in serial production powered by the well-known and popular FES system.

The glider will feature new 20m wingtips with neo-winglets as a result of numerous successful aerodynamic projects that we conducted together with Johannes Dillinger during the past years.

- FES system by LZ Design
- 30kW (40 hp) brushless motor with foldable propeller
- 2 x Generation 3 LiPo batteries (16S, 75Ah, 8,9kWh)
- FES control units on both seats in series
- New 20m wingtips with neo winglets
- 790 kg (1,742 lbs) MTOW
- Expected performance similar to single-seater FES systems
- Estimated 1,5 – 2 m/s max climb rate
- Estimated 45 min running time in level flight (100-110 km/h)
- Estimated 20-25 min running time at max. rpm
- Electric undercarriage
- Nose hook moves slightly backwards
- Still capable of aerobatics without batteries in 17.2m configuration
- Maiden flight in the beginning of 2020

Details: https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/…/ai...01/dg-1001eneo

DG is accepting pre-orders now. Several pre-orders have already been accepted. This is an exciting and versatile aircraft!

Let me know if you want DG to send you a quote.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
Old October 24th 19, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

A new brochure for the DG-1001e neo is now available he
https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/en/wp-...-neo-flyer.pdf

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.