Can someone help with this?

Old July 9th 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
AJ

Default Can someone help with this?

Being on Google Groups, I frequently get advertising links on my email
page that is somehow linked to my interests as defined by what groups
I'm in. Recently, something called Jet University has been popping up
a lot. I placed the url at the end of this message. My question is:
Who are these people? Having never had an interest in learning to
pilot a jet, I am understandably not in the loop on such things. I
only ask because the web page just doesn't seem right to me. Can't
put my finger on why, tho.

Has anyone ever heard of or dealt with Jet U? I'd appreciate any
kindly answers.

Andy Harris

http://www.jetuniversity.com

Old July 9th 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

On 7/9/2007 11:17:22 AM, AJ wrote:

Being on Google Groups, I frequently get advertising links on my email
page that is somehow linked to my interests as defined by what groups
I'm in

I don't have an answer to your Jet U question, but as an FYI (because Usenet
is filled with information of varying degrees of usefulness), if you use
Firefox as your browser there is an excellent extension called
"CustomizeGoogle" (http://www.customizegoogle.com/) that allows you to turn
off those ads and related pages in all components of Google, including the
web search, GMail, and Google Groups.

--
Peter