Big Kahunas

Old November 28th 03, 03:26 PM
Jay Honeck

Say what you will about GW --

Surprise! you got the kneejerk reactions for the usual suspects...

Look, Bob, I'm not happy with the job Bush has done in many respects. I may
not even vote for him next year. (*gasp!*)

Aside from politics, however, my point was to say that GW has done several
good things lately. Spending Thanksgiving in a war zone, with the men and
women he has ordered into harm's way, is one of them.

Your blind hatred for the man is clouding your judgment.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

--
Bob Noel

Old November 28th 03, 06:47 PM
Bob Noel

In article KOJxb.336495$Tr4.1011479@attbi_s03, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Say what you will about GW --

Surprise! you got the kneejerk reactions for the usual suspects...

Look, Bob, I'm not happy with the job Bush has done in many respects. I
may
not even vote for him next year. (*gasp!*)

Aside from politics, however, my point was to say that GW has done
several
good things lately. Spending Thanksgiving in a war zone, with the men
and
women he has ordered into harm's way, is one of them.

Your blind hatred for the man is clouding your judgment.

what the heck are you talking about?

--
Bob Noel
Old November 28th 03, 07:00 PM
Jay Honeck

what the heck are you talking about?

Hey, you'll get nowhere with me, imitating my wife! :-)

I take it I misinterpreted your comment?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 28th 03, 07:46 PM
Bob Noel

In article vXMxb.336284$HS4.2872491@attbi_s01, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

what the heck are you talking about?

Hey, you'll get nowhere with me, imitating my wife! :-)

I'm quite sure...

I take it I misinterpreted your comment?

that would qualify as an understatement.

--
Bob Noel
Old November 28th 03, 07:00 PM
Peter Duniho

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
what the heck are you talking about?

He thinks you're yelling at him, not us.

Old November 28th 03, 08:04 PM
Matthew P. Cummings

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:26:34 +0000, Jay Honeck wrote:

Aside from politics, however, my point was to say that GW has done several
good things lately. Spending Thanksgiving in a war zone, with the men and
women he has ordered into harm's way, is one of them.

I agree it's a good thing, even though I'm sure he was pretty safe he was
most likely in more danger than he would have been over here.

I think what Bob was saying is that the normal Pres. Bush haters (who
would think if he abdicated he did the wrong thing, just because he did
it) said what they always do. You can count on for 100% certain people to
post negative comments about anything he does, and they did so. Some of
them don't even live in our country...

Jay, when are you ever going to learn, you can't post 2 things in the
aviation groups? Religion and politics.

So here's a short guide for you.

If your Mom's church group cooked turkey dinner for the homeless you post
it like this.

Mom's social club cooked dinner for some people last night...

If you voted for a Rep. and you have to post it, do it like this;

I voted last night, but I think I might have voted for the wrong person due
to the confusing ballot, do you think my rights were violated?

Old November 28th 03, 08:27 PM
Peter Duniho

"Matthew P. Cummings" wrote in message
news
[...]
So here's a short guide for you. [snip]

Or better yet, he could quit *starting* threads with topics that have
nothing to do with aviation.

Yes, I'm just as much to blame, for responding. But I'm not the one
volunteering out of the blue to post PR propoganda. I'm just pointing out
that it's PR propoganda.

Pete

Old November 30th 03, 02:46 AM
Jay Honeck

Yes, I'm just as much to blame, for responding. But I'm not the one
volunteering out of the blue to post PR propoganda. I'm just pointing out
that it's PR propoganda.

Trust me, if he had DRIVEN into Iraq, I wouldn't have posted my comment
here.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 28th 03, 07:10 PM
R. Hubbell

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 03:19:10 GMT
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?J63F258A6

Say what you will about GW -- he's got big kahunas flying into Iraq to spend
Turkey Day with the troops...

Sounds like even his parents didn't know about it until he didn't show up in
Kennebunkport!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

No man it's cojones, I can't make the connection why you think flying into
Iraq means he has big cojones. Big cojones would have meant announcing to the
world that you were spending Thanksgiving with the troops in Iraq. Flying in
for 2 hours, unannounced, is not an act of bravery. It's really just a
political stunt. Apparently it's working.

R. Hubbell
Old November 29th 03, 02:01 AM
Wdtabor

No man it's cojones, I can't make the connection why you think flying into
Iraq means he has big cojones. Big cojones would have meant announcing to
the
world that you were spending Thanksgiving with the troops in Iraq. Flying in
for 2 hours, unannounced, is not an act of bravery. It's really just a
political stunt. Apparently it's working.

Announcing the visit would have almost certainly drawn an attack either by
terrorists or by mortars or rockets, more likely killing others there to
celebrate than Bush himself. Endangering others to show off would not have been
brave, it would have been reckless and stupid.

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL