Lorenzo Lamas

Old February 28th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Lorenzo Lamas

Hate to admit that I watch Wheel of Fortune, but...

Lorenzo Lamas was a guest contestant last night and the charity to which he
contributed his winnings (ten grand) was Angel Flight. Pat Sajak asked him
to explain what AF is, and he did a creditable job. He is an AF pilot/plane
owner.

Bob Gardner

Old February 28th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Another interesting donation idea

From Lifeline Pilots:
"A great fundraiser of which we were graciously the recipients was from an
office in Wisconsin. We received a phone call from a gentleman who during
his business meeting had some rules and guidelines. The rules were as
follows; any time someone answered a phone call or got up to leave the room
during the meeting, they were "fined" and that fee was designated to go to
LifeLine Pilots. We are going to receive a check from this corporation due
to a few rule breakers. (We like the rebels!) We thought this was a fun type
of fundraiser that maybe your corporation might want to try. We look at it
as a win win opportunity for all involved. Our thanks go out to these
individuals that not only put a smile on our faces but supported us
financially too."

Cool idea.
Jim

. ..

Old February 28th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In a previous article, "Bob Gardner" said:
Hate to admit that I watch Wheel of Fortune, but...

Lorenzo Lamas was a guest contestant last night and the charity to which he
contributed his winnings (ten grand) was Angel Flight. Pat Sajak asked him
to explain what AF is, and he did a creditable job. He is an AF pilot/plane
owner.

He also briefly appears in the movie "One Six Right", which I can't say
enough about. Absolutely the best movie ever made about flying and the
love of flying.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Violence is the last resort of the incompetent.
Old March 1st 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Bob Gardner" wrote)
Hate to admit that I watch Wheel of Fortune, but...

One of our roommates, in the 80's, brought home from his bookstore a full
size cut-out of Vanna White - after her book tour was over. Vanna was ALWAYS
at our parties from then on. :-)

We catch The Wheel about once a week.

M o t b a k