Coronado

Old August 10th 07, 08:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Hub Plott III

Default Coronado

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ConsolidatedPB2Y-57134factory.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	16054
Old August 11th 07, 04:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Morris[_2_]

"Hub Plott III" wrote in message

I made 2 flights in a P-5. When those types of aircraft were on the ground I
was always amazed that they could
actually get airborne.

vr,
jm

Old August 11th 07, 12:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Boomerang

The Coronado was the PB-2Y made by Consolidated beginning around 1937. The
P5 (formerly the P5M) series were the Martin Marlins developed later
(1962)from the PBM Mariners.

Old August 11th 07, 12:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

"Hub Plott III" wrote in message

Great photo! Any chance of a 360dpi scan and repost?

TNX !

Old August 11th 07, 12:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Hub Plott III

Sorry Don, It was sent via email to me by a friend in NZ so I posted what I
got. I will ask him if he can do that and repost if he does.

Old August 11th 07, 04:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message

"Hub Plott III" wrote in message

Great photo! Any chance of a 360dpi scan and repost?

TNX !

Many thanks!

While you're asking, see if a TIFF file is an option. You can ZIP it, yEnc
it, RAR it or whatever suits you.

Don

Old August 11th 07, 05:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Chris Jella[_2_]

Interesting the inboard engines have 4 blade props and the outboards are 3.
Wonder what the reasoning there was?

Old August 11th 07, 06:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Boomerang

The inboard four-bladed props were reversible. The two outboard engines had
standard three-bladed props. Better handling on the surface - large
freeboard area presented a control problem trying to turn into the wind in
any kind of a chop. The reversible props added directional control on the
surface of the water.

Old August 16th 07, 09:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Morris[_2_]

"Boomerang" wrote in message
The Coronado was the PB-2Y made by Consolidated beginning around 1937. The
P5 (formerly the P5M) series were the Martin Marlins developed later
(1962)from the PBM Mariners.

Never said it was a P-5. Just I flew in one and those types (meaning sea
planes) were ungainly ashore.

vr,
jm