Marine Museum at Quantico #1

Old September 19th 08, 01:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Andy[_8_]

Default Marine Museum at Quantico #1

"Bill Brown" wrote in message
. ..
This is the cover of the booklet of the National Museum of the Marine
Corps,
18900 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Triangle, Virginia 22172 Estados Unidos
NorteAmericanos - www.usmcmuseum.org
The museum is about 30 miles south of Washington, DC and just off
Interstate 95. Easy to get to and well worth the trip.

These are photographs taken with my 2 inexpensive digital cameras and one
analog camera, hence the color and quality variants. No flash photographs
are allowed and many of the exhibits are enclosed in glass and there is a
lot of difficult lighting. Many of the photographs we took could not be
fixed and some of them require your understanding that 2 amateur
photographers did the best they could under the circumstances.
--
William M. (Bill) Brown
seneo-pro

Nice pictures, thanks. I look forward to going there in person someday.
USMC 0331 1990-98
Fox 2/2, Bravo 1/2 Wpns Co. 1/23

Old September 19th 08, 01:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Bill Brown

[...]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Museum magazine.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	356.6 KB
ID:	29361
Old September 19th 08, 03:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Bill Brown

"Andy" wrote in message

"Bill Brown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Your are more than welcome, Andy. It is well worth the visit and it hasn't
been finished, yet, so I have hopes of getting back there again in a few
years.
You are much younger than *I* am. I was in between 1957 and 1961. 2ndAAA AW
Bn SP, 29 Stumps...
Thanks also for the information on the anti-tank - sometimes sniper's -
rifles..
William M. (Bill) Brown
seneo-pro

Attached Thumbnails