More Bush Administration Idiocy

Old May 1st 04, 02:36 AM
WalterM140

In case you did not know, Bush is smart enough to leave the operational
decisions in the hands of the military.

He's in charge.

He's responsible.

Yes, you are right. President Bush is ultimately responsible for the war in
Iraq. And your point is?

He ****ed it up.

Walt
Old May 1st 04, 03:04 AM
Jarg

"WalterM140" wrote in message

I can't think

Obviously.

Jarg

Old May 1st 04, 03:06 AM
Jarg

"WalterM140" wrote in message
In case you did not know, Bush is smart enough to leave the

operational
decisions in the hands of the military.

He's in charge.

He's responsible.

Yes, you are right. President Bush is ultimately responsible for the war

in
Iraq. And your point is?

He ****ed it up.

Walt

Gosh, what a clear and consise analysis. Perhaps we should elect you as
leader of the free world. Or even better, John "I threw my ribbons away"
Kerry!

Jarg

Old May 1st 04, 03:10 AM
WalterM140

And your point is?

He ****ed it up.

Walt

Gosh, what a clear and consise analysis.

And dead on, too.

Walt
Old May 1st 04, 03:49 AM
Jarg

"WalterM140" wrote in message
Walt

Gosh, what a clear and consise analysis.

And dead on, too.

Walt

More of the same. You have nothing meaningful to contribute so you throw
out shallow and simplistic statements. I doubt you could throw together a
meaningful analysis of any of this if your life depended on it.

Jarg

Old May 1st 04, 01:58 PM
BUFDRVR

That's a stupid position...
War is too serious a matter to be left only to military people
(Clemenceau, French stateman, 1914...)

Yeah, the French politicians really helped out at Verdun. If not for the idiot
French politicians, Petain would have been allowed to fall back to the west
side of the Meuse, or even further. The French would have given ground,
including the town of Verdun, but the casulties inflicted on the Germans would
have been much greater and the French much less. After the German advance ran
out steam (meaning men), the French could *then* have counter attacked. Instead
the French politicians pressured military to hold the ground at all cost. That
"all cost" was nearly 100,000 French KIA. Doesn't sound like the politicians
involvement at Verdun was very productive......

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old May 1st 04, 02:00 PM
BUFDRVR

In case you did not know, Bush is smart enough to leave the operational
decisions in the hands of the military.

He's in charge.

He's responsible.

He's responsible for the overall conduct of the operation, not the actions of
every single US service member. You're letting your politics get in the way of
rational thinking.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old May 1st 04, 03:49 PM
ArVa

"BUFDRVR" a écrit dans le message de
[...]

You may be right about Verdun but don't misjudge Clemenceau, he was smarter
and more subtle than you seem to think.
His statement referred to "War", with a capital "W", and not to any specific
military operation. It does not mean that the politicians should elaborate
the tactics on the field, it means that the military commanders must never
forget that they owe their power and prerogatives to the politicians (and
therefore, in a democracy, to the people itself) who must keep them under
control whatever the circumstances.
For Clemenceau, the military is just a tool in the hands of the politicians.
Actually, it's not very different from Clausewitz's famous statement about
the political nature of war.

ArVa

Old May 1st 04, 03:56 PM
WalterM140

In case you did not know, Bush is smart enough to leave the operational
decisions in the hands of the military.

He's in charge.

He's responsible.

He's responsible for the overall conduct of the operation, not the actions of
every single US service member. You're letting your politics get in the way
of
rational thinking.

I know Bush is in charge. I know he's responsible.

Walt
Old May 1st 04, 04:25 PM
George Z. Bush

WalterM140 wrote:
In case you did not know, Bush is smart enough to leave the operational
decisions in the hands of the military.

He's in charge.

He's responsible.

He's responsible for the overall conduct of the operation, not the actions of
every single US service member. You're letting your politics get in the way
of
rational thinking.

I know Bush is in charge. I know he's responsible.

Actually, it was that damned Truman's fault. He made deniability difficult if
not impossible with his "The Buck Stops Here" sign on his desk for all of the
Republican presidents who followed him. It would have been so much easier to
blame someone else when something went wrong and someone screwed up. (^-^)))

George Z.

Walt

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
Bu$h Jr's Iran-Contra -- The Pentagone's Reign of Terror PirateJohn Military Aviation 1 September 6th 03 10:05 AM