More on Bush in the Air Guard

Old July 16th 04, 12:03 AM
D. Strang

"George Z. Bush" wrote
"D. Strang" wrote

I served in the military, and I was in both the Infantry, and a crewmember in
the USAF. I retired in 1993 after 25 years.

I spent 8 years in the Iran-Iraq war,.....

You spent it doing what, and on which side....Iran or Iraq? AFAIK, our only
involvement in that war was that we taught Saddam Hussein's army how to use
chemical weapons, and we shared intelligence data with them that we'd gathered
about our joint enemy, Iran. So what were you doing during those eight years,
teaching them how to use mustard gas?

The USAF flew 24 hour orbits for 8 years using RC-135, E-3, and Naval assets
in the Gulf. The mission was to protect the Saudi oil fields. Later we also had the
Earnest Will operation, which was the Kuwait reflagging, and war with Iran.

.....and witnessed the attack on the U.S.S. Stark.

How did you happen to witness that attack? Surely, not from your vantage point
in your infantry foxhole, so it must have been from your airplane. How about
filling us in on how you happened to see it?

I transferred to the USAF in 1978 after I got my Masters degree. We tracked the
Iraqi pilot as he entered the Gulf, until he returned to Iraq. We also tracked his
Exocet to the Stark using radar.

.....I spent my last years on active duty in the air war that ejected Iraq

from Kuwait,

I think the half million or so ground troops we committed to kicking the Iraqis
out of Kuwait would take exception to your conclusion that the air war had
accomplished that all by itself. I expect that Stormin' Norman Schwarzkopf
might also have had a few things to say on the subject by way of argument.

I'm talking about my little world, not the whole military force. Of course we didn't
personally eject anyone.

.....and two years of wasting our treasury on containing Iraq. For 24 years

we
fought that country, and millions of Iraqis, and Iranians died.

24 years? How about the time we were helping Iraq deal with their Iranian
neighbors during their 8 year old war, which was right in the middle of the 24
years you're talking about?

During those 8 years, my only mission was to protect the oil fields. I don't have
any personal knowledge, other then tactics against airborne threats out of Iran,
Iraq, or the Soviet Union.

You know, a lot of us have problems remember details of things we've done and
said in the past, and it isn't a crime to have to admit it. But if you expect
to have any credibility in this forum, you're going to need to do a little more
homework and get your facts right before you start mouthing off with a lot of
erroneous BS. I probably wouldn't have had any questions to ask you at all if
you hadn't tossed such obvious bloopers out there for us rubes to swallow hook,
line, and sinker.

Take a pill.

Old July 16th 04, 03:47 AM
George Z. Bush

"D. Strang" wrote in message
"George Z. Bush" wrote
"D. Strang" wrote

You know, a lot of us have problems remember details of things we've done

and
said in the past, and it isn't a crime to have to admit it. But if you

expect
to have any credibility in this forum, you're going to need to do a little

more
homework and get your facts right before you start mouthing off with a lot

of
erroneous BS. I probably wouldn't have had any questions to ask you at all

if
you hadn't tossed such obvious bloopers out there for us rubes to swallow

hook,
line, and sinker.

Take a pill.

What for? You threw those bloopers out there.....I didn't say that we swallowed
them. Besides, I'm not the one looking for credibility....you're the one with
that problem, so you take the pill.

George Z.

Old July 16th 04, 11:17 AM
WalterM140

HOWEVER, another case heard by the court did address the exact same
substantive issue raised in Padilla and that ruling upheld habeas,
thus mooting the substantive issue in Padilla.

So, your characterisation was, to say the least, inaccurate.

The USSC handed America a great victory that day.

--

Not when a citizen --any citizen-- is denied due process.

Padilla is the benchmark case because he is an American citizen arrested in
America at a time when the courts could operate freely.

Hamdi (the other case) was arrested in Afghanistan.

This issue alone is enough to toss Bush and his sorry crew.

Walt
Old July 16th 04, 11:21 AM
WalterM140

Two former commanders of Central Command.

And your point is?

The don't lean to the left.

They were trained to carry out military strategy based
on United State government policy.

Which under the Bush administration has been riven with dereliction of duity,
per General Zinni. David Hackworth has also used the word dereliction.

People need to wake up. Bush is the worst president ever.

Walt

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Two MOH Winners say Bush Didn't Serve WalterM140 Military Aviation 196 June 14th 04 11:33 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM