Weather maps on the cockpit PDA?

Old August 9th 20, 04:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Weather maps on the cockpit PDA?

Matt,
I am not sure if this reply will work. But, if it does, I wish to convey my sympathies. I worked with Matt Sr. on winch launching at Jacumba where he launched his LS-6. Later I participated in the winch experiment at Crazy Creek - just before the fire ruined everything. If this reaches you, my condolences on your loss. I remember Matt as a wonderful person. - Alasdar, CFIG..
Old August 10th 20, 05:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wyll Surf Air

XCSoar, SeeYou Mobile, and LX9xxx's can display weather forcasts frome Skysight in the cockpit. XCSoar has a beta version here for it
https://forum.xcsoar.org/viewtopic.p...=3227&start=75

SeeYou Mobil requires and current SeeYou subscription

And LX9xxx's need to have a the wifi module

Old September 11th 20, 07:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alan Wilson

On Monday, 10 August 2020 at 14:53:09 UTC+10, wrote:
XCSoar, SeeYou Mobile, and LX9xxx's can display weather forcasts frome Skysight in the cockpit. XCSoar has a beta version here for it
https://forum.xcsoar.org/viewtopic.p...=3227&start=75

SeeYou Mobil requires and current SeeYou subscription

And LX9xxx's need to have a the wifi module

Yes I agree the above with Skysite subscription etc . Yes the models may be updated, but I would be happy to load a 6 hour old forecast lift profile as a .XCM file into XCSoardata as below.

"Has anyone been able to download a .xcm file from Skysite or comparable weather prediction agencies and load it as a Config, System, Site files, Map database site file in XCSoar? Rather than displaying a visual representation of the land below, while gliding you could display a recent Skysite prediction of the best weather and lift rates on the XCSoar screen. [While actually gilding the "Map database' is simply outside the window]

Skysite has some great predictions of wave soaring patterns at altitude and some clubmembers have been gliding north and south along forecast wave patterns. Some use LX 8000 or Oudie.

Several of our flights at altitude can be seen at https://www.onlinecontest..org/olc-3...C0&sc=&sp=2020 Notice that in mid winter down under in Australia we are gliding more than 10,000’ AGL and achieving OLCspeeds toward 150 kmh for more than 400 km!

If the XCSoar team, Condor or open vario group or others has derived and loaded weather map .xcm into XCSoar I would appreciate some information or links so I can research this further."

Alan Wilson
Canberra Gliding Club
Australia

PS. I cannot access the above https://forum.xcsoar.org/viewtopic.p...=3227&start=75 is there a new beta somewhere?
Old September 11th 20, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Is it possible to download .XCM file from Skysight?Â* I'm looking but
can't find any way.

--
Dan, 5J
Old September 11th 20, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matthew Scutter[_2_]

Is it possible to download .XCM file from Skysight? I'm looking but

It's not possible. The only solution is a proper XCSoar/SkySight integration, of which there's a few parallel efforts including one that mostly works at https://forum.xcsoar.org/viewtopic.p...=3227&start=75