WinPilot shorts on PocketPC screen

Old January 19th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default WinPilot shorts on PocketPC screen

I sent this question to the associated vendors but being a little
pressed for time due to glider delivery I thought I'd try it here.

After I installed WinPilot Pro on an iPAQ 3955 (running PocketPC 2002
Premium) I had the two large shortcuts on the screen for WinPilot PRO
and WinPilot PRO Simulator. I then installed ConnectLX, after which
the WinPilot shortcuts were removed, replaced only by a ConnectLX
shortcut.

Does anyone know how I can get the WinPilot shortcuts back?

Advance thanks

-ted/2NO

Old January 20th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The same thing happens with Connect Me.

Old January 20th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

JS wrote:
The same thing happens with Connect Me.

On the PDA go to
StartSettingsTodayItems

then check the box in front of WinPilot to select what you want to show
up on the "Today" screen

After that, you have to reset the PDA (stylus in the reset hole) to get
the change to take effect. Works for me.

-Dave Leonard
ZL
Old January 20th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Paul,

I was aware of having to do the reset, and did have the large icons
after I did so. But the icons went away after I installed ConnectLX. I
re-installed WinPilot, did a soft reset, had the icons back, ran
ConnectLX, and the icons were gone again.

Not a real big deal but when you're sitting in the cockpit and you want
to fire up the WinPilot it's a lot easier with those icons!

-ted/2NO
(Going to try the Start.Settings.Today.Items thing today)

Old January 20th 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It only works one time. Each time I run ConnectLX, the WinPilot icons
disappear and the WinPilot item shows up deselected in the
Start.Settings.Today.Items list.

I think this may be a PocketPC 2002 thing ... I don't have this problem
on my PocketPC 2003 iPAQ ...