F/A-22 cost falls to LCS levels.

Old March 24th 04, 04:45 AM
Henry J Cobb

Default F/A-22 cost falls to LCS levels.

http://www.reuters.com/locales/newsA...toryID=4638813
The U.S. Air Force has agreed to buy 22 more F/A-22 fighter jets from
Lockheed Martin Corp. for less than $110 million per plane, Air Force
acquisition chief Marvin Sambur told Reuters on Tuesday.

Looks like I was wrong and they've managed to get the F/A-22 costs under
control after all.

But Keith Ashdown of Taxpayers for Common Sense, said the Air Force
was being "hopelessly optimistic" about the costs of the program,
noting the General Accounting Office just this month predicted total
program costs could reach $80 billion.

-HJC

Old March 24th 04, 04:47 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Henry J Cobb" wrote in message

http://www.reuters.com/locales/newsA...toryID=4638813
The U.S. Air Force has agreed to buy 22 more F/A-22 fighter jets from
Lockheed Martin Corp. for less than $110 million per plane, Air Force
acquisition chief Marvin Sambur told Reuters on Tuesday.

Looks like I was wrong and they've managed to get the F/A-22 costs under
control after all.

Thay are failing to amortize the R&D, the price is a joke.

Old March 24th 04, 08:29 AM
Yama

"Henry J Cobb" wrote in message

http://www.reuters.com/locales/newsA...toryID=4638813
The U.S. Air Force has agreed to buy 22 more F/A-22 fighter jets from
Lockheed Martin Corp. for less than $110 million per plane, Air Force
acquisition chief Marvin Sambur told Reuters on Tuesday.

Looks like I was wrong and they've managed to get the F/A-22 costs under
control after all.

Yes, it's less than 2.5 times more pricy than next most expensive fighter...

I hope Carlo Kopp reads this. He ensured me that there is absolutely no
reason to think that F-22 will cost more than $70M, and export version is
likely to be much cheaper.

Old March 24th 04, 09:02 AM
John Cook

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:29:20 +0200, "Yama"
wrote:

"Henry J Cobb" wrote in message

http://www.reuters.com/locales/newsA...toryID=4638813
The U.S. Air Force has agreed to buy 22 more F/A-22 fighter jets from
Lockheed Martin Corp. for less than $110 million per plane, Air Force
acquisition chief Marvin Sambur told Reuters on Tuesday.

Looks like I was wrong and they've managed to get the F/A-22 costs under
control after all.

Yes, it's less than 2.5 times more pricy than next most expensive fighter...

I hope Carlo Kopp reads this. He ensured me that there is absolutely no
reason to think that F-22 will cost more than $70M, and export version is
likely to be much cheaper.

You should read his latest on save the F111!!!!, the whole of the Oz
defence department got the sums wrong on how much the F111 would cost
to maintain, I wonder why they didn't just ask him for his unbiased
and impartioal appraisal...

Cheers

John Cook

Any spelling mistakes/grammatic errors are there purely to annoy. All
opinions are mine, not TAFE's however much they beg me for them.

Email Address :-
Spam trap - please remove (trousers) to email me
Eurofighter Website :-
http://www.eurofighter-typhoon.co.uk
Old March 24th 04, 11:45 AM
L'acrobat

wrote:

"Henry J Cobb" wrote in message

http://www.reuters.com/locales/newsA...48cae6b64ef5?t

ype=worldNews&locale=en_IN&storyID=4638813
[...]

Is there a link to it?

He is a lunatic, but it is such a grand lunacy.

Old March 24th 04, 02:24 PM
Henry J Cobb

Yama wrote:
Yes, it's less than 2.5 times more pricy than next most expensive fighter...

I hope Carlo Kopp reads this. He ensured me that there is absolutely no
reason to think that F-22 will cost more than $70M, and export version is
likely to be much cheaper.

Export?

Who would buy it?

-HJC

Old March 24th 04, 04:04 PM
Tarver Engineering

wrote:

[...]

After Kopp scammed Jane's on the e-bomb he is pretty well discredited
globally; an embarrassment to the Australian eduacation system.

Old March 24th 04, 05:52 PM
Alan Minyard

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:29:20 +0200, "Yama" wrote:

"Henry J Cobb" wrote in message

http://www.reuters.com/locales/newsA...toryID=4638813
The U.S. Air Force has agreed to buy 22 more F/A-22 fighter jets from
Lockheed Martin Corp. for less than $110 million per plane, Air Force
acquisition chief Marvin Sambur told Reuters on Tuesday.

Looks like I was wrong and they've managed to get the F/A-22 costs under
control after all.

Yes, it's less than 2.5 times more pricy than next most expensive fighter...

I hope Carlo Kopp reads this. He ensured me that there is absolutely no
reason to think that F-22 will cost more than $70M, and export version is
likely to be much cheaper.

I don't think there will be an "export version". The only country that I believe
we would entrust the tech with would be the UK, and they are not in the
market (at least for now).

Al Minyard
Old March 24th 04, 05:54 PM
Alan Minyard

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 06:24:16 -0800, Henry J Cobb wrote:

Yama wrote:
Yes, it's less than 2.5 times more pricy than next most expensive fighter...

I hope Carlo Kopp reads this. He ensured me that there is absolutely no
reason to think that F-22 will cost more than $70M, and export version is
likely to be much cheaper.

Export?

Who would buy it?

-HJC

No, who *could* buy it?

Al Minyard
Old March 24th 04, 05:56 PM
Tarver Engineering

Yama wrote:
Yes, it's less than 2.5 times more pricy than next most expensive

fighter...

I hope Carlo Kopp reads this. He ensured me that there is absolutely no
reason to think that F-22 will cost more than $70M, and export version

is
likely to be much cheaper.

Export?

Who would buy it?

-HJC

No, who *could* buy it?

F-22s are $200 million each now and headed for $300 million.

Why would anyone subsidize this rip-off of the American taxpayer?