tap for lycoming exhaust port

Old August 1st 10, 04:15 AM
LukeCS LukeCS is offline
Junior Member

Default tap for lycoming exhaust port

I have had to reface the exhaust port on my number 1 cylinder. The directions for the refacing tool say I should clean the threads of the hole the exhaust studs go in but I can not find a tap to match the threads nor can I find a die to match the threads on one of the new exhaust studs on the side that threads into the cylinder. The threads for the flange side are different but both are 5/16. Where can I find a tap and or die? Thanks