Aerobatic training in Washington/Oregon

Old May 17th 04, 07:12 AM
Ben Jackson

Default Aerobatic training in Washington/Oregon

I'd like to get some aerobatic training in the Washington/Oregon area.
I'm near Portland, but I'd be willing to fly a few hours out to another
airport. I don't want to fly in competition (or even solo for that
matter) just for fun. But I do want training (starting with spins, for
example) not just a ride. I'm big (6'4", 235) so I may not fit in some
of the typical smaller aerobatic planes. Also, I've got a craving to
fly in a T-34 sometime. Any recommendations?

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old May 17th 04, 12:38 PM
EDR

In article 0JYpc.63910$536.10695391@attbi_s03, Ben Jackson
wrote:

I'd like to get some aerobatic training in the Washington/Oregon area.
I'm near Portland, but I'd be willing to fly a few hours out to another
airport. I don't want to fly in competition (or even solo for that
matter) just for fun. But I do want training (starting with spins, for
example) not just a ride. I'm big (6'4", 235) so I may not fit in some
of the typical smaller aerobatic planes. Also, I've got a craving to
fly in a T-34 sometime. Any recommendations?

Go to www.eaa.org and click on the "Aerobatics" link,
This will take you to the IAC homepage.
There you will find a tab with links to aerobatic schools.
Old May 17th 04, 07:07 PM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
EDR wrote:
Go to www.eaa.org and click on the "Aerobatics" link,
This will take you to the IAC homepage.
There you will find a tab with links to aerobatic schools.

I looked at the few that are near me, but I only found info about
performances, not actual training. For example,

http://hammerheadaerobatics.com/html/

is one of the two Oregon links and if you visit that page it's all
about airshow performances in an experimental-certified SU-29. I
don't think that's really an instruction link...

In fact the only place I *have* found is not listed the

http://www.wingoveraerobatics.com/

So I don't think that list is so great.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old May 17th 04, 07:52 PM
EDR

In article Cb7qc.15540$qA.1892472@attbi_s51, Ben Jackson
wrote:

In article ,
EDR wrote:
Go to www.eaa.org and click on the "Aerobatics" link,
This will take you to the IAC homepage.
There you will find a tab with links to aerobatic schools.

I looked at the few that are near me, but I only found info about
performances, not actual training. For example,

http://hammerheadaerobatics.com/html/

is one of the two Oregon links and if you visit that page it's all
about airshow performances in an experimental-certified SU-29. I
don't think that's really an instruction link...

In fact the only place I *have* found is not listed the

http://www.wingoveraerobatics.com/

So I don't think that list is so great.

No, it isn't a complete list, but it is someplace to start.
If you contact those on the list in your area, they may refer you to
someone they know who is doing instructing.
Another source on the IAC website is to contact the chapter president
of the local club in your area. They will also be able to put you in
touch with someone who may be instructing in your area.
Old April 4th 15, 02:45 AM
Mike Kloch Mike Kloch is offline
Junior Member

Hi, I am a former Marine Corps F/A-18 pilot and aerobatic instructor at Advanced Flight Dynamics in Redmond, OR. We have a 2014 Xtreme Decathlon. We can take pilots weighing up to 240lbs so you should be fine if you would be interested in flying with us. We can also offer upset recovery & formation training. Web site http://www.advancedflightdynamics.com and Facebook www.facebook.com/FlyAFD. We are also listed on the IAC Schools web page. (541) 604-2331.

Last edited by Mike Kloch : June 1st 15 at 03:47 AM. Reason: add web page