Some useful information

Old November 7th 09, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Some useful information

Don't know exactly how accurate this data might be but there is enough
commonality in it to at least get a handle on what's going on on this
forum.
I'm sure a lot of you more savvy Usenet people have already discovered
this but for those who might not;

Apparently we have on the group a troll or two with enormous time on
their hands and quite a creative "hobby".

The first thing noticeable is the advent of a slew of "new" and
"creative" posting monikers that appear suddenly or the name looks
unfamiliar to regulars here.
Then you might notice replies between these unusual pseudonyms taking
each other apart.
Then come quotes placed within these postings supposedly from myself
and others on the forum signed supposedly by myself and others that
contain language we don't usually use when posting. Please be suspect
of this.
If you see this behavior, view the message source. There is a common
denominator in the sources that point to specific paths.
Just as an example, any ligitimate post from me will be from a Mac
computer bearing the IP address 207.172.126.29. Anything else bearing
my name is a forgery.
1. If you see the term news.x-privat.org in the path, it's the troll,
not me or anyone else.
2. If you see the term eternal-september.org, it's the troll, not me
or anyone else.
3. If you see the term octanews.com, be highly suspect.

It appears our troll has set up numerous accounts within these servers
where he/she can operate freely posting both under a legitimate post
here (as most likely you will see under this one as I doubt he/she can
resist the temptation, and back and forth with one of his/her sock
puppets.
If you see a post under this one, check both message paths to
ascertain the validity of this post. If I am right, you will find my
Mac and IP address on this post and the data above on the other.
This being said, I have no idea how many news servers this character
is using, but these are the 3 we found so far.
Many thanks.
Dudley Henriques

Old November 7th 09, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Franklin[_16_]

Dudley Henriques wrote:

[...]

Hello Dud, don't worry about Octanews because that's probably me. The troll
has impersonated my name "Franklin" in r.a.p. but he doesn't use my news
server.

You're right in your observations and there's a lot more. I posted about
him in r.a.p. recently. If you're interested in knowing more then take
another look at what I wrote. Also check out the messages I link to.

Here is a copy of what I posted a couple of days ago in the thread on
Cessna 150/152 owners.

-------

"Maxwell" uses a lot of other names. In alt.comp.freeware he currently
posts as "Jeffrey Bloss".

I recently explained some of his work and copied that to the music
groups where this sock is also active. However I left out the aviation
and security groups. If you're interested then this is what I wrote:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.freeware/msg/6b9f81c7285f1539

He's some disenchanted retired guy who still retains hopes of being a
pilot, pc security expert, member of special operations, and those sorts
of thing. I guess the Net is always going to be stuck with people who
live out their dreams online.

He's an accomplished sock and can maintain several different identities
at the same time. You can see this in the current thread "VST
Independence" in a.c.f.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.c...hread/thread/1
c15e77679fdb15b/f71e0b7c2d576cee

Some of his socks are placid but he's mostly noisy although I suspect
may be just a way of hiding limitations by bluster. As an example, his
boisterously proclaimed test of a pilot is surprisingly basic.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...4f17a7ff25fdf2
dc

I expect his various socks will soon start posting in order to muddle
any discussion about him. But, hey, who cares. It's only the internet.
It's not real life.
Old November 7th 09, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.comp.freeware
R. Andrew Boyer

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 12:00:14 -0800 (PST), Dudley Henriques wrote:

Don't know exactly how accurate this data might be but there is enough
commonality in it to at least get a handle on what's going on on this
forum.
I'm sure a lot of you more savvy Usenet people have already discovered
this but for those who might not;

Friendly advice,... relax. You're on your way to Usenet burnout.

State your opinion and move along,... nobody likes a ball hog at the
dunktank.

;-)
--
ab
Andy
Old November 8th 09, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.comp.freeware
Jim Logajan

"R. Andrew Boyer" wrote:
On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 12:00:14 -0800 (PST), Dudley Henriques wrote:

Don't know exactly how accurate this data might be but there is enough
commonality in it to at least get a handle on what's going on on this
forum.
I'm sure a lot of you more savvy Usenet people have already discovered
this but for those who might not;

Friendly advice,... relax.

Dudley is pretty laid back, so your advice is redundant.

You're on your way to Usenet burnout.

Believe me, he's not - but ironically, Usenet _itself_ is being burned out
from the interior, thanks to the under-managed (or mis-managed, or
worse...) free access sites like aioe.org, x-privat.org, and
eternal-september.org.

State your opinion and move along,... nobody likes a ball hog at the
dunktank.

He wouldn't even be posting these notices if I hadn't pointed out to him in
private e-mail that someone forged his name on a posting; he now rarely
posts to the piloting newsgroup.

Now to make this post topical for both r.a.p and (hopefully) a.c.f, here
are a couple sites that allegedly contains free flight planning and logging
softwa

http://www.pilotage.com/software/
http://www.pilotpal.com/
Old November 8th 09, 05:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.comp.freeware
shywon

On Nov 7, 5:42*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
"R. Andrew Boyer" wrote:

Damn shame Dudley has to defend himself about this. He is a credit to
GA.

shywon
Old November 8th 09, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.comp.freeware
R. Andrew Boyer

"R. Andrew Boyer" wrote:

Damn shame Dudley has to defend himself about this. He is a credit to
GA.

shywon

Yes it is but even I have to admit that his broadcasting that Amelia
Earhart died from in-flight gonorrhea has severely diminished his
reputation and questioned his mental capacities
Old November 8th 09, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Keith Willshaw[_4_]

"Jeffrey Bloss" wrote in message
On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:27:51 +0000, hummingbird wrote:

'R. Andrew Boyer' wrote thus:
"died from in-flight gonorrhea" [ ... ]

lol.

There is another forum call Pilots of America where D00Dz Henriques let
fling that gem of info. lol. Dudley's mind wanders the Great Blue
Unknown from time to time.

Take your stuff to alt.flame there's a good chap.

Keith

Old November 9th 09, 12:45 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.fan.barry-manilow,rec.aviation.military
Keith Willshaw[_4_]

'R. Andrew Boyer' wrote thus:
"died from in-flight gonorrhea" [ ... ]

lol.

There is another forum call Pilots of America where D00Dz Henriques let
fling that gem of info. lol. Dudley's mind wanders the Great Blue
Unknown from time to time.

Take your stuff to alt.flame there's a good chap.

Keith

Roger Wilco Commo **** Off

I do do like it when trolls self identify - another one for the bit bucket

Keith