Cherokee 140 Oil Temp Sender

Old June 26th 10, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Spera[_2_]

Default Cherokee 140 Oil Temp Sender

Still trying to track down a high oil temp reading. I would like to get a
new temp sender to swap out. Too lazy to rig up the hot plate, thermometer,
etc. to test the old one. Part has a number of 362-EW. Same number is on a
friend's Arrow. Methinks most/all cherokees may use the same one. Anyone
have a Piper part number and/or asource for a new one?
Thanks,
Mike

By the way, what the HELL happened to this group. I get nothing but sex/spam
listed...

Old June 27th 10, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
vaughn[_3_]

"Mike Spera" wrote in message
news

By the way, what the HELL happened to this group. I get nothing but sex/spam
listed...

I have been using the free news server at news.eternal-september.org, which for
some reason seeems able to filter all that crap out.

Vaughn

Old July 1st 10, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Scott Braddock

Mike Spera wrote:
Still trying to track down a high oil temp reading. I would like to get a
new temp sender to swap out. Too lazy to rig up the hot plate, thermometer,
etc. to test the old one. Part has a number of 362-EW. Same number is on a
friend's Arrow. Methinks most/all cherokees may use the same one. Anyone
have a Piper part number and/or asource for a new one?
Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

My Feb. 1995 Cherokee parts catalog shows the sending unit on Figure 68,
"Electrical System Installation", item #63: "Gauge-Engine Unit, Oil
Temperature" Depending on your Serial # ( 20550, or 20550 ), it shows
Piper part # 462-046, or 550-487 (mfg's part #'s 1514976, or 362-EW).
Bear in mind all of those #'s have probably been superceded by now, but
perhaps a Piper dealer or Lycoming distributor can take you from there.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
Old July 11th 10, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Jun 26, 4:21 pm, "Mike Spera" wrote:
Still trying to track down a high oil temp reading. I would like to get a
new temp sender to swap out. Too lazy to rig up the hot plate, thermometer,
etc. to test the old one.

Test the old one. Chances are that you have a bad engine ground strap
and the alternator ground current is finding a small path through the
sender to the gauge, boosting its reading. Learned that one the hard
way.

By the way, what the HELL happened to this group. I get nothing but sex/spam
listed...

Might as well join us at Pilots of America. Moderated, free of junk,
free of flamers. Wonderful place.

Dan

Cherokee 140 Oil Temp Sending Unit Mike Spera Owning 10 September 11th 09 01:08 AM
Cherokee 140 Oil Temp Creeping Up Mike Spera Owning 9 June 12th 09 09:02 PM
Gage & sender sky bob[_2_] Home Built 1 June 11th 09 04:09 AM
Fuel sender gaskets??? mikem Owning 3 June 4th 06 04:04 PM
Cherokee fuel tank sender unit "float" -- anybody know where to get these??? Chuck Owning 5 January 27th 05 04:18 PM