Reply to "Can They Do This? Restrict VFR traffic, [Idaho]

Old April 23rd 05, 05:32 PM

Default Reply to "Can They Do This? Restrict VFR traffic, [Idaho]

All technicalities aside, it comes down to the fact that the resort
owners at Sun Valley [we call them "greedheads"] are sucking up to the
"Richie Riches" [Gates, Schwarzenegger, Willis, Cruise, Eastwood,
Buffet, et al] and pressure the airport manager to cater to their jets.

That and the fact that the jets & turbines that come into Friedman
[HLE] put a lot more $$ in the FBO's pockets [there's only one FBO on
the field, thus the 100LL is $4/gallon!] than us VFR'ers.

Old April 24th 05, 05:02 PM
john smith

Look under traffic management programs.

Larry Dighera wrote:
I am unable to find a clause in the AIP agreement authorizing the
airport to discriminate against VFR flights based upon _economic_
factors. Perhaps someone should point this out to the airport manager
and FAA. It will be interesting to see how the NOTAM is worded.

Old April 25th 05, 01:22 AM
Larry Dighera

Larry Dighera wrote:
I am unable to find a clause in the AIP agreement authorizing the
airport to discriminate against VFR flights based upon _economic_
factors. Perhaps someone should point this out to the airport manager
and FAA. It will be interesting to see how the NOTAM is worded.

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 16:02:57 GMT, john smith wrote in
::

Look under traffic management programs.

I don't see where it mentions discriminating between VFR and IFR
flights is authorized. Are you able to provide a citation?