1963 Schleicher Ka-6CR Auction Hemet CA

Old November 7th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 1963 Schleicher Ka-6CR Auction Hemet CA

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-...44638227QQrdZ1

1963 Schleicher Ka-6CR Sailplane,

ready to fly glider

This a 1963 Ka-6CR sailplane. Built in Germany, it is all wood and
fabric. It has a current annual good through 12-2006 and it has a
little over 1600TT. The Ka-6CR has 15 meter wings, 49.2 feet and has a
glide ratio of 31 to 1. It is in good condition for a glider of its
age. It has standard instruments and three varios. No radio is
currently installed. I am a low time glider pilot and bought the Ka-6CR
with the intention of checking out and flying it but never had the
time. The condition overall is good. The aircraft logs only go back as
far as 1990 but it is currently licensed. The fuselage has been glassed
and the wings were recovered at some point with poly stits. The only
known damage history was with the left wing which was at one time
dropped during assembly. As a result the wing was rebuilt and
recovered. A 337 was filed for this repair. Some other issues include
some finish cracks on the ailerons, some small cracks in the canopy and
some other minor chips in various places. The pilot weight is listed at
220 max on the cockpit placard. The trailer has a steel frame and metal
covering. The trailer has a plywood floor which may need some repair in
the rear The trailer has new tires and would travel well with some
repair to the lights.. It also includes a cobra dolly to make assembly
go well. I'm pricing this well below market value because I have a son
going to college soon. It is located in Hemet ,CA .

Old November 7th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

POST SCRIPT
1. Auction ends Nov-15-06 19:39:40 PST
2. Not my glider, I just posted what I found.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-...ailplane-ready...