rec.aviation replaced by yahoo??

Old August 24th 03, 05:03 PM
Morgans

wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 02:51:45 GMT, Jerry Springer
wrote:

I believe that any pilot that flies drunk should be hung out to dry by
any means possible. Those two A**H*** jerks were responsible for a whole
lot of lives. I would hate to be on the airline that had a drunk pilot
or two flying it. I don't even want a drunk pilot flying anywhere around
the airspace I am flying my RV-6 in. How can two people that are
intelligent enough and spent years getting to the positions they were in
blow it like that?

Jerry
Course Bernie this is off topic for this newsgroup. :-)

Yes, off topic, but permit this one final thought. Institutionalized
alcoholism is a fact of military flying.

Officer's Clubs, Stag bars (flight suit only), rolling dice for who
buys ... it's a macho pilot thing where the millitary will deny a
problem exists ... but in fact, they serve serve up the booze and
enable the whole drinking culture.

Most airline types are ex-military.

Where did you get your statistics? It was my understanding that the current
rank of airline pilots are about 50% military.

Military has a "drinking
culture". You can draw the connections. Not to defend what they did
... but perhaps to explain how they might have gotten there.

timepilot

I used to drink alot when I was young, but don't anymore. What the
millitary members did while they were young has very little do with current
behavior.
--
Jim in NC

Old August 24th 03, 06:15 PM
pac plyer

Jerry Springer wrote:

I believe that any pilot that flies drunk should be hung out to dry by
any means possible. Those two A**H*** jerks were responsible for a whole
lot of lives. I would hate to be on the airline that had a drunk pilot
or two flying it. I don't even want a drunk pilot flying anywhere around
the airspace I am flying my RV-6 in. How can two people that are
intelligent enough and spent years getting to the positions they were in
blow it like that?

Jerry
Course Bernie this is off topic for this newsgroup. :-)

Boy Jerry's right. No drinking within 50 feet of the airplane.
Everybody knows you can't drink your Kahlu'a and coffie and fly at the
same time. Why it's even hard to drink and steer on the ground. You
could hit a bump in the taxiway, spill you drink, it would drip down
to the cannon-plug connector on the nose steering hydro powerpack and
drown everyone on the reef taxiway at HNL. Thank God airport security
is there to again protect America from tradgedy. Instead of profiling
Mid-Eastern men carring Korans with crazed looks in their eyes,
security should spend their time sniffing the breath of airline
pilots. I agree. Just look at all the lives lost in the airline
world due to the pilots being drunk at the wheel! What? The're
arn't any? Well, ahem... in that case... It makes a great headline
right? Keeps ex-gang members and ilegal aliens employed guarding our
airports at minimum wage and 100% turnover. Oh thank God the TSA and
35 Skymarshals that are awake are protecting us..

To be continued.

pacplyer
Old August 24th 03, 06:37 PM
Eric Miller

You could hit a bump in the taxiway, spill you drink...

Spill your drink? That's alcohol abuse!