U. S. Invasion of Russia in 1919

Old October 24th 03, 03:54 AM
Thomas Schoene

"Cub Driver" wrote in message

Timely coincidence; do a check at the Borders or barnes and Noble
websites. I was at Borders yesterday and saw a newly published book
about the US intervention in their military history section. Sorry,
did not get the title.

If you see it again, would you post it? I did a search on Amazon, and
all I got was out-of-print titles.

Is it this?

Russian Sideshow: America's Undeclared War, 1918-1920
by Robert L., Jr. Willett, Eric J. Wittenberg
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/1574884298

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)

Old October 24th 03, 06:26 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Thomas Schoene" wrote in message link.net...
"Cub Driver" wrote in message

Timely coincidence; do a check at the Borders or barnes and Noble
websites. I was at Borders yesterday and saw a newly published book
about the US intervention in their military history section. Sorry,
did not get the title.

If you see it again, would you post it? I did a search on Amazon, and
all I got was out-of-print titles.

Is it this?

Russian Sideshow: America's Undeclared War, 1918-1920
by Robert L., Jr. Willett, Eric J. Wittenberg
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/1574884298

Yep, that's it. Went by Borders and got the info last night, but had
not gotten around to posting it. Thanks, Tom.

Brooks

Old October 25th 03, 04:05 AM
Sambo

Kit Denton (Australian author who wrote a famous story of Breaker Morant)
had a novel about this time period based loosely upon a number of Australian
and other troops who were sent to fight after WWI.
It wasn't only the Brits and the US that fought in Russia at this time.

Ian

---

Old October 25th 03, 09:57 AM
Cub Driver

Kit Denton (Australian author who wrote a famous story of Breaker Morant)
had a novel about this time period based loosely upon a number of Australian
and other troops who were sent to fight after WWI.

Where were they, on the Archangel front or in Siberia?

It wasn't only the Brits and the US that fought in Russia at this time.

Indeed not. As might have been expected, the Japanese had a big
presence in Siberia--larger, I suspect, than the Americans, and there
for a longer time.

Japan (and especially the Japanese army) coveted Siberia at least from
the Russo-Japanese War until the decision was made in September 1941
to move east against Hawaii and south against "the Southwest Pacific",
as the Japanese called Southeast Asia.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at www.warbirdforum.com