A guy in a wingsuit goes mountain surfing

Old May 28th 04, 07:30 AM
HECTOP

Default A guy in a wingsuit goes mountain surfing

I admit to being a wuffo, but this is breathtaking!

http://www.maxho.com/videos/wingsuit.wmv (Windows Media 9 .wmv 4.15Mb)

Does anyone know who/when/where this is? Someone sent me the video, but no
other info.

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Old May 28th 04, 08:16 AM
Doug FM

Holy adrenalin rush Batman, that must be freakin' incredible. I'd try that
in a heartbeat!

Doug

news

Old May 28th 04, 08:39 AM
Robert Gray

I'd like to belive that was a fake, but I can't see how they could possibly
do it. Hanging from a helicopter was my first thought, but there's too much
clearance. Scepticism removed.
Bloody Amazing!

Rob G

"Doug FM" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Holy adrenalin rush Batman, that must be freakin' incredible. I'd try that
in a heartbeat!

Doug

news

Old May 28th 04, 12:22 PM
Nathan Young

On Fri, 28 May 2004 02:30:31 -0400, "HECTOP"
wrote:

I admit to being a wuffo, but this is breathtaking!

http://www.maxho.com/videos/wingsuit.wmv (Windows Media 9 .wmv 4.15Mb)

Does anyone know who/when/where this is? Someone sent me the video, but no
other info.

Wow! Now that's an extreme sport. I wonder what his glide ratio is?
Looks like about 1:1.

-Nathan

Old May 28th 04, 02:38 PM
Jay Honeck

Awesome!

Mind if I put that one on our video page?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

news

Old May 28th 04, 02:59 PM
Aviv Hod

"HECTOP" wrote in message
news
I admit to being a wuffo, but this is breathtaking!

http://www.maxho.com/videos/wingsuit.wmv (Windows Media 9 .wmv 4.15Mb)

Does anyone know who/when/where this is? Someone sent me the video, but no
other info.

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen, and there are more
insane videos on the performance design web site. Check it out:

http://www.performancedesigns.com/pd...=ff&videoID=52

I hope Loic spares his mother a lot of grief and doesn't show her the videos
of what he does for a living... :-)

-Aviv

Old May 28th 04, 04:01 PM
HECTOP

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Mind if I put that one on our video page?

Somebody must own the copyright, but they probably put out the video for
promotion anyway, so sure go ahead,
just put up a link back to the authors once we'll find out for sure who they
are.

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Old May 28th 04, 04:47 PM
Neily

SNIP
This seems to be Felix Baumgartner, he's from Austria.

also crossed the Canal in a jump suite.

see his website: http://www.felixbaumgartner.com/

It's Loic Jean Albert, alot of planning into this jump. As far as I know
the ratio of the slope is steeper than his glide ratio. Very impressive.

Neily

Old May 28th 04, 05:41 PM
HECTOP

"HECTOP" wrote in message
I admit to being a wuffo, but this is breathtaking!
http://www.maxho.com/videos/wingsuit.wmv (Windows Media 9 .wmv 4.15Mb)

ok, caugh the perpertator! He is the amazing Loic Jean Albert.

http://www.performancedesigns.com/pd...=ff&videoID=52

Thanks to all who responded!

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA