Online Sectionals

Old January 18th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Online Sectionals

I just heard about this on another forum (and the moderator of that forum
found it on a flightsim list):
http://www.skyvector.com

These are apparently TIFF images supplied by NACO that have been
geo-referenced with recent METAR overlays. There's also an option to set a
"home base" link. Pretty cool stuff - and it's free. At least for now...

--
John T
http://sage1solutions.com/TknoFlyer

Old January 18th 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In a previous article, "John T" said:
I just heard about this on another forum (and the moderator of that forum
found it on a flightsim list):
http://www.skyvector.com

Similary, but using the Google Maps API so you can toggle in satellite and
map views:
http://www.runwayfinder.com/

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
The thing I've noticed, particularly about Usenet, that while as a
Old January 19th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Another one out there using the same interface is he
http://www.fboweb.com/fb40/pu/ai/fa.aspx

What's nice about this one is that you can input an address to get the
nearest airport. It's also interfaces with the latest METARs to let you know
if it's VFR, MVFR or IFR.

Marco

http://www.usenet.com
Old January 21st 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Another one out there using the same interface is he
http://www.fboweb.com/fb40/pu/ai/fa.aspx

What's nice about this one is that you can input an address to get the
nearest airport. It's also interfaces with the latest METARs to let you
know
if it's VFR, MVFR or IFR.

Hey -- they're using an aerial picture of our airport that I took back in
2002. (Without attribution, I might add...)

Cool site, though. Thanks for sharing it.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 21st 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:
Another one out there using the same interface is he
http://www.fboweb.com/fb40/pu/ai/fa.aspx

What's nice about this one is that you can input an address to get the
nearest airport. It's also interfaces with the latest METARs to let you
know
if it's VFR, MVFR or IFR.

Hey -- they're using an aerial picture of our airport that I took back in
2002. (Without attribution, I might add...)

Cool site, though. Thanks for sharing it.

Jay, I looked up our airport and they did the same thing. It was the
photo I took. However, I did provide it to the city and AirNav. However,
they have not updated it. We now have a full length taxiway to RW34.

--
Regards,

Ross
C-172F 180 hp
KSWI
Old January 21st 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I use aeroplanner.com, which has all the charts - sectionals, TAC,
Enroute,
WAC etc... If you are an EAA member, then it is free, otherwise it does
cost a small fee.