TSA (Totally Stupid Agency) fails again

Old January 14th 04, 06:39 PM
Jeb

Default TSA (Totally Stupid Agency) fails again

http://www.itv.com/news/7878.html
Old January 14th 04, 06:54 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, (Jeb) said:
http://www.itv.com/news/7878.html

I just flew to Newark and back this weekend (commercial) and when packing
discovered a package of firecrackers that have been in the bag on two
commercial trips and not been discovered on either swab test. On the way
back, the screeners discovered my BuckTool (like a Leatherman, it's a
folding multi-tool with two 7-8 cm long knife blades) that I'd totally
forgotten about and which had been in my bum bag on the trip out.

Fortunately Newark Airport has a Staples so I bought an envelope and some
stamps and mailed it back to myself.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
With M$, as far as I'm aware, the stupidity comes bundled with
Old January 14th 04, 07:21 PM
C J Campbell

"Jeb" wrote in message
om...
| http://www.itv.com/news/7878.html

At first I thought Homeland Security was an Illuminati plot, but things like
this are beginning to make me think that TSA is actually run by Discordians
masquerading as Illuminati.

Old January 14th 04, 07:34 PM
Judah

Actually, I think I like that article A LOT...

BALPA 1 TSA 0

Gotta love it.

"Obviously there will be a lot of questions asked in America as to how he
got on the plane undetected."

"Screening of passengers at Washington Dulles airport is the responsibility
of the Transportation Security Administration."

Hahahah!

(Jeb) wrote in
om:

http://www.itv.com/news/7878.html

Old January 14th 04, 11:33 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jeb wrote:

http://www.itv.com/news/7878.html

http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/index.html

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old January 15th 04, 06:15 AM
Ardna

What I don't understand is why the websites of the major news organizations
in the US don't believe it is worth reporting, after all, the Sudanese man
( there should have been alarm number one there ) boarded the plane in D.C.
after all the hype about improved security.

A.

Old January 15th 04, 01:30 PM
Ash Wyllie

Paul Tomblin opined

In a previous article, (Jeb) said:
http://www.itv.com/news/7878.html

I just flew to Newark and back this weekend (commercial) and when packing
discovered a package of firecrackers that have been in the bag on two
commercial trips and not been discovered on either swab test. On the way
back, the screeners discovered my BuckTool (like a Leatherman, it's a
folding multi-tool with two 7-8 cm long knife blades) that I'd totally
forgotten about and which had been in my bum bag on the trip out.

Fortunately Newark Airport has a Staples so I bought an envelope and some
stamps and mailed it back to myself.

The TSA could buy a lot of good will, and make some money by having envelopes
at the security sites, and sending Leathermen and other tools along with the
passenger in a secure part of the airplane. Or mailing them home.

-ash
for assistance dial MYCROFTXXX

Old January 15th 04, 01:55 PM
Jeb

"Ardna" wrote in message news:qeqNb.16511$Ar1.13170@fed1read04...
What I don't understand is why the websites of the major news organizations
in the US don't believe it is worth reporting, after all, the Sudanese man
( there should have been alarm number one there ) boarded the plane in D.C.
after all the hype about improved security.

They have been nobbled by the government to not broadcast criticism of
US security. Imagine if this got out, no one would fly.

Old January 15th 04, 03:22 PM
Brien K. Meehan

(Paul Tomblin) wrote in message ...
I just flew to Newark and back this weekend (commercial) and when packing
discovered a package of firecrackers that have been in the bag on two
commercial trips and not been discovered on either swab test. On the way
back, the screeners discovered my BuckTool (like a Leatherman, it's a
folding multi-tool with two 7-8 cm long knife blades) that I'd totally
forgotten about and which had been in my bum bag on the trip out.

Are you always unaware of the contents of your luggage?
Old January 15th 04, 03:27 PM
Brien K. Meehan

Judah wrote in message . ..
Actually, I think I like that article A LOT...

BALPA 1 TSA 0

Gotta love it.

Hahahah!

Wow, that's quite a lot of joy about a potentially deadly situation.
It reminds me of footage of people dancing in the streets a while
back...

So, are you advocating airport security breaches, or just a fan?