Leaf Peeper Pix

Old October 16th 03, 10:40 PM
David Dyer-Bennet

Default Leaf Peeper Pix

(B25flyer) writes:

But, given a choice, I'll take four months of crisp Midwestern winter, with
our 100 mile visibility (and an extra 25 horsepower), over Florida's seven
months of unbearable, suffocating humidity in summer.

Ahhh yes. I think it was OSH 2000 with a heat index of 118. I have been more
miserable in the midwest in July thru September than I ever have in Florida.

But we keep telling them folks....your right it is so miserably hot
here in the summer that we only go out at night, the shopping malls
are open only in the evening. During the day we stay inside in
airconditioned comfort. But for some dumb reason the population in
Florida is growing faster than it is in Iowa!!! grin

My mother-in-law lived in Florida for 10 years before she retired, and
I must say I didn't like going down there to visit (usually
Thanksgiving or Christmas, i.e. not the hottest times of the year at
all). It was just nasty.

Thats OK we have enough transplanted midwesterners down here already, me
included.

So I won't be contributing to that problem; unless forced to by the
job situation, as she was.

Her friends in Florida were a little taken aback when she retired to
Minnesota.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, , www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
RKBA: noguns-nomoney.com www.dd-b.net/carry/
Old October 17th 03, 03:52 AM
john smith

Check out Don Brown's AvWeb column in the current issue.
To flight follow? Or not to flight follow?