State Record Question - Minimum Increase for Distance Records

Old November 8th 03, 09:11 PM
Gary Emerson

Default State Record Question - Minimum Increase for Distance Records

At one time I had located a document which identified what the minimum
increase needed to be to set a new distance record. Could someone post
back to the group a link?

Thanks,

Gary

Old November 9th 03, 03:59 PM
Bill

Gary Emerson wrote in message ...
At one time I had located a document which identified what the minimum
increase needed to be to set a new distance record. Could someone post
back to the group a link?

Thanks,

Gary

The State Recordkeeper Evaluator's Checklist at

http://www.ssa.org/docs/StateRecKeeperEvalChkList.pdf

states the new record must exceed the previous by at least 10km (6.21
statute miles).

Bill Richardson
4W
Old November 9th 03, 04:37 PM
Dirk Elber

Gary
The rules for increasing of records are listed in the FAI Sporting Code
Section 3 (http://www.fai.org/sporting_code/sc3.asp). The only special
rules for State Records are listed at:
http://www.ssa.org/docs/StateRules2000.pdf

Below are the requirements for exceeding current records:

3.1.4 TYPES OF RECORD FLIGHTS
Flight Performance Exceed old Ref. Remarks (see chapter 1record by for
full requirements)
3.1.4a Free Distance 10 km 1.4.3a Way points claimed post-flight
3.1.4b Free Out-and-Return Dist. 10 km 1.4.3b Way points claimed post-flight
3.1.4c Free Three Turn Point Dist. 10 km 1.4.3c Way points with up to 3
turn points claimed post-flight
3.1.4d Straight Distance to a Goal 10 km 1.4.4 Pre-declared goal with no
turn points
3.1.4e Out-and-Return Distance 10 km 1.4.6a 1 pre-declared turn point
3.1.4f Triangle Distance 10 km 1.4.6b 2 or 3 pre-declared turn points
3.1.4g Speed over an out and 2 km/h 1.4.6a 1 pre-declared turn point
return course of 500 km and all multiples of 500 km
3.1.4h Speed over a triangular 2 km/h 1.4.6b 2 or 3 pre-declared turn
points course of 100, 300, 750,1250 km; also 500 km and
all multiples of 500 km.
3.1.4i Absolute altitude 3% 1.4.2a Open class only 5000 m gain required
3.1.4j Gain of Height 3% 1.4.2b Open class only

I hope this helps.
Dirk

Dirk Elber
Virginia State Record Keeper

Old November 11th 03, 04:18 PM
Gary Emerson

Thanks for the info.

Gary

Gary Emerson wrote:
At one time I had located a document which identified what the minimum
increase needed to be to set a new distance record. Could someone post
back to the group a link?

Thanks,

Gary

Bush IS Attempting to Steal the Election WalterM140 Military Aviation 6 June 19th 04 12:30 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
Enola Gay: Burnt flesh and other magnificent technological achievements me Military Aviation 146 January 15th 04 10:13 PM