American joke on the Brits

Old July 23rd 03, 10:10 PM
ArtKramr

Default American joke on the Brits

I remember during the war in England there was a joke that went around. The
best time and place to tell it was in an English pub with lots of RAF around.
The joke went like this:

Eveything in England is smaller.
The cars are smaller.
The trains are smaller.
The rooms are smaller
The houses are smaller.
And they shoot .303's.

Arthur Kramer
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old July 24th 03, 01:05 AM
Richard Brooks

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
I remember during the war in England there was a joke that went around.

The
best time and place to tell it was in an English pub with lots of RAF

around.
The joke went like this:

Eveything in England is smaller.
The cars are smaller.
The trains are smaller.
The rooms are smaller
The houses are smaller.
And they shoot .303's.

And you wonder how the good ole' U.S. of A. came up with Garrison Keillor ?
:-)

Richard.

Old July 24th 03, 07:48 AM
Ken Duffey

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
I remember during the war in England there was a joke that went around.

The
best time and place to tell it was in an English pub with lots of RAF

around.
The joke went like this:

Eveything in England is smaller.
The cars are smaller.
The trains are smaller.
The rooms are smaller
The houses are smaller.
And they shoot .303's.

Arthur Kramer
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Then there's the story of the old English pub, somewhere in Norfolk, near a
US airbase.

Three old locals are sat outside drinking their beer when up roars a jeep
with some US Air Force officers aboard.

As they climb out of the jeep to go into the pub, one of the officers turns
to the others and says "watch this you guys - I'll show you how dumb these
Brits are"

He goes up to the old guys and produces a crumpled 1 pound note and shiny
new half-crown coin.

He says to one of the Brits - "Hi old timer - let me buy you a drink - which
of these would you prefer - a crumpled old note - or a shiny new coin ?".

The old timer takes the coin and says "Why thankee sir, I'll take the coin
and get my friends a beer"

The US officers go into the pub laughing at the stupidity of the
Brits................

One of the old timers turns to the man with the coin and says " 'ere, why
didn't you take the 1 pound note ? ".

The other old fella replies - "Don't be daft - if I did that he'd stop doing
it every time he comes here !"

Ken Duffey

Old July 24th 03, 09:59 AM
Mycroft

And of course the one we told about the the yankss, " Overpaid, Over sexed
and whats worse Over here!".

Myc

Old July 24th 03, 03:21 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: American joke on the Brits
From: "Ken Duffey"
Date: 7/23/03 11:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time
"ArtKramr" wrote in message
[...]

Then there was that famous cartoon in the TIMES. It showed a big strapping
American GI talking to a little older Englishman with a walrus moustache. They
are looking at one of the little English railroad cars. The American is saying
wirh contempt, " Do you know what we would do with that litte car in
America?'" The little Englishman replies, " Well if you wouldn't smoke it,
chew it or love it I don't what you would do with it. That was publiished
around the world and became the by word of the Brit attitude toward the yanks.
Great cartoon.

Old July 24th 03, 06:14 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Blair Maynard" wrote in message

I don't get it.

US forces shot 30-06's, pretty much the same caliber as the .303.

Think US air forces.

Old July 24th 03, 06:25 PM
Steve Hix

In article ,
Blair Maynard wrote:

On 23 Jul 2003 21:10:30 GMT, (ArtKramr) wrote:

I remember during the war in England there was a joke that went around. The
best time and place to tell it was in an English pub with lots of RAF around.
The joke went like this:

Eveything in England is smaller.
The cars are smaller.
The trains are smaller.
The rooms are smaller
The houses are smaller.
And they shoot .303's.

Arthur Kramer
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

I don't get it.

US forces shot 30-06's, pretty much the same caliber as the .303.

Not from most front-line aircraft, at least during most of the war in
which we participated.
Old July 24th 03, 06:29 PM
B2431

And of course the one we told about the the yankss, " Overpaid, Over sexed
and whats worse Over here!".

Myc

To which the response was "you are just jealous 'cause you are underpaid, under
sexed and under Eisenhower."

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired