Specific 4th FG request...

Old June 30th 03, 08:07 PM
Wade Meyers

Default Specific 4th FG request...

Hey guys,

Does anybody out there have any good aerial *and/or* land views of
Debden, Essex, UK (home of the 4th FG)? I specifically need any and
all I can get of the areas around the hangars and Watch Office
(control tower, to us yanks). However, anything around the buildings,
runways, and/or dispersals would be nice as well.

I've personally been to the still-relatively-intact Debden (see "Then
& Now" tour on my site - link below), and I already have pretty much
all the books and magazine articles on the 4th/Eagles (with attendant
photography), and with this request I am specifically looking to see
if anybody out there has unpublished shots of Debden's "landscape"
that may be the "gold" shots I may need.

This will aid tremendously in planning for a future painting.

Wade

http://wademeyersart.tripod.com
Old July 1st 03, 12:03 AM
the-dedmons

Wade you might try (if you can find it) Debden Eagles by Garry Fry. I've
got a photo copy version of the book which I learned of from the historian
of the 4th FW many years ago. I tried for a while to get an original and
eventually went to a company i Arizona to find mine about 10 years ago. It
has some over head shots of the airfield on the main base side including the
hangars.
om...

Old July 1st 03, 09:30 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Wade Meyers" wrote in message
om...
Hey guys,

Does anybody out there have any good aerial *and/or* land views of
Debden, Essex, UK (home of the 4th FG)? I specifically need any and
all I can get of the areas around the hangars and Watch Office
(control tower, to us yanks). However, anything around the buildings,
runways, and/or dispersals would be nice as well.

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/sites/d/debden/
http://www.controltowers.co.uk/D/Debden.htm
http://wademeyersart.tripod.com/wade...nart/id33.html

Keith