Phoenix FBO Recommendations

Old February 2nd 05, 06:33 AM
Robert Easton

Default Phoenix FBO Recommendations

I'm planning a trip to AZ and I was wondering about FBO's in the Phoenix
area. I'm looking to rent a Cessna 152/172. Anybody have any
recommendations? I'll probably do an aircraft boneyard safari.
Thanks, Robert

Old February 2nd 05, 07:52 AM
Jay Beckman

"Robert Easton" wrote in message
o.verio.net...
I'm planning a trip to AZ and I was wondering about FBO's in the Phoenix
area. I'm looking to rent a Cessna 152/172. Anybody have any
recommendations? I'll probably do an aircraft boneyard safari.
Thanks, Robert

I'll shill for my "home" FBO: Tailwind Flight Centre at Chandler Muni (KCHD)

They have three very nice NAV II 172SPs @ $105/hr and a couple of M/N models
that go for $85/95hr and one 152 @ $62/hr.

Their number is (480) 821-1521 ... Ask for T1 or T2 (aka Tom Guilfoy Sr or
Jr).

I'm pretty sure there are Cessna-centric FBOs at Falcon Field in Mesa (some
good breakers yard viewing and the AZ wing of the Comemerative Air Force is
based here with their B17 "Sentimental Journey") and at Scottsdale as well.
Deer Valley is also a very busy training airport, but I confess that I don't
know the flight schools up there other than the "airline academies" who seem
to fly mostly Piper products.

Oh, you might also want to check out Angel Air at Stellar Airpark (P19),
they are also a Cessna Pilot Center. Their number is: (480) 857-4100 and
they have some nice 172SPs as well (I did my discovery flight with them last
February.)

Good airplane carcass viewing at Pinal Airpark (IIRC, this is the current
home of the mothballed Beech Starship Fleet ... beware, lots of skydiving in
this area as well...) and I've heard you can get permission for a
flyover/flyby of AMARC at Davis-Monthan AFB down in Tucson (NOTE: I'm told
you can get approval to do this, I have not actually done it myself...yet.)

Enjoy your visit ... the weather is just about perfect right now!

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Old February 2nd 05, 10:00 AM
Thomas Borchert

Robert,

I liked Arizona Flightworks at Scottsdale. In fact, I'll be renting
from them the weekend after next.

Are you familiar with www.airnav.com? Some FBO reviews can be found
there.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old February 2nd 05, 05:38 PM
C J Campbell

I like Glendale Aviation in Glendale a lot. They have a nice variety of
aircraft and a decent pilot shop (though there is an even better one in the
terminal).

They are the local C-Star.

Old February 2nd 05, 09:25 PM
Rob

Southwest Flight Center at Scottsdale
(http://www.southwestflightcenter.com/) is where I trained and I've
continued to rent from them. Nice folks.

-R

Old February 3rd 05, 07:22 AM
RobsSanta

Falcon Executive Aviation at Mesa's Falcon field.
http://www.falconaviation.com/

Rob

ups.com...