Class III Medical

Old December 2nd 05, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Class III Medical

Arnold Sten
I paid $85.00 last March here in Central Pennsylvania (cold, hard
cash, which I always find curious). The AME also is the single owner
of a Brand new C210. Perhaps I should considermyself a part owner of
that plane.

My next-door neighbor is an AME and a pilot. He does my Medical Exams
and I do his Flight Reviews. Works real good.....both of us pass! :-)

Bob Moore
Old December 2nd 05, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Arnold Sten wrote:

The AME also is the single owner of a Brand new C210.
Perhaps I should considermyself a part owner of that plane.

Yeah, you own his landing light. :-)

--
Peter
Old December 2nd 05, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

$100, cash only, Chicago

He's crazy as a bedbug

Old December 2nd 05, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

There should be a way to "back charge" our wait time at
the doctor's office.
************************************************** **************

Like you, I hate to wait more than a few minutes for ANY scheduled
appointment... My time is valuable just like yours... I try (really,
really try) to run my office on time...

Lessee, let me remember yesterday... Sara was scheduled in for a blood
pressure check and to refill her meds (BP and arthritis), she told the
receptionist that she had no other problems when she made the
appointment two days before, 'routine check up with three or less
meds' - ten minutes is blocked off for her by the scheduler... She has
no transportation so she rides the County Commission on Aging buses,
they drop her at 8:15 and are scheduled to pick her back up at 8:50...
Appointment was 8:30, I walked into the room at 8:28... 8:35 I had
checked the BP (OK), listened to heart and lungs (OK), squeezed ankles
for signs of edema (NONE), asked her how her arthritis was behaving
(OK), wrote her prescriptions, and I'm edging towards the door... I'm
gonna get out of here with a couple minutes to spare, yippee Then she
whips out the dreaded L I S T... AARP tells her to put everything on
a list and DEMAND that I cover each and every item before I leave the
room... So, with a sigh I dig into her list... By really pushing her
not to describe the history of each item back to 1941 in agonizing
detail I manage to finish her list and push her to the checkout desk by
8:55... I am now one full 15 minute appointment behind (and the bus
driver is not thrilled either, I can see his lips moving as he sits
slumped over his wheel)...

The next two 'routine visit with refills' go well and I recover 5
minutes on the schedule, but I'm still 10 minutes behind, though I have
hopes of making a miracle recovery... All I need is a couple of sports
physicals and I can 'almost' close the gap... Then the show stopper
walks in... Scheduled for a 15 minute block (she always takes extra
time) for a simple one prescription refill she is weeping and shaking
when I walk into the room... long tale of woe will be skipped here
By the time I push her out the door I am a full 30 minutes behind...
The patients are now snarling at me when I stagger into the exam
room... By 11:00 I'm snarling back... Thank Gawd for lunch where I can
at least restart on time...

The afternoon goes better, but I still slowly slip about 20 minutes
behind by 5:00 Oh, hey doc I also need you to fill out this inurance
form for that week I was off last month and it has to be in the mail
today or I won't get my sick pay in time to make the mortgage payment
on the house. jeez...

I agree that some docs should have their rear end kicked because they
over book patients, yak on the phone with their golfing buddy, etc.,
etc. until the office looks like a parking lot.. But most docs try
hard to run on time we like to go home before it is pitch black
outside, just like you... The realities of running a n office in the
21st century is that it is a business... There are seven people on the
time clock every hour the office is open, the heat and lights are on,
the lot is plowed free of snow, the malpractice insurance premium is
paid up, the slip and fall insurance is paid, the accountant gets paid
every month, and on, and on... As a family doc I don't have the luxury
of being paid 300 hundred dollars for a routine visit and two
prescriptions, so to make the overhead we have to keep the appointment
book full, or go out of business... Simple as that...

denny

Old December 2nd 05, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Where I live in NY, we paid $85 in 2001, $100 in 2003 and 2005. I
expect higher fee in 2007.

Hai Longworth

Old December 2nd 05, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Denny,

Thanks for the reality check. It's so easy to blame someone else when you
really have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

oups.com...

Old December 2nd 05, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Uhm, $140 in Washington, DC, and they got my social security number
wrong, and lost my certificate and just typed out a new one that didn't
match the number on the form on file at FAA, which I didn't find out
until just before I was supposed to take my checkride, causing me to
have to cancel, but you guys have heard this one before...

Old December 2nd 05, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Amen to that! Today there will be even more different reasons beyond
your control for getting behind. And more expenses that dwindle those
"high" fees of yours :-(

Old December 2nd 05, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
oups.com...
How much did you last pay and where(what state) did get it done at?
I'm just curious as to what people are paying around the country. Much
thanks.

My last one at a Mayo was $155. Other AME's around southern MN and northern
IA are $90-120 for 3rd class..

Old December 2nd 05, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:

How much did you last pay and where(what state) did get it done at?

$100, cash, in Iowa.

Quite the rip off, for 15 minutes of "work"...

And remdmber you pay for my class 2 every year. You the man.