Claus-Dieter Zink takes measures against Lowlands Cup team

Old January 8th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Claus-Dieter Zink takes measures against Lowlands Cup team

Why did he have to employ a lawyer before trying to communicate, even
though the two parties don't share a common language, there's enough
Germans with fluent English that could have helped out.

You don't understand the Dutch. You simply can not get a job selling
train tickets unless you are fluent in English, German, and French. I'm
serious. Although I have never met them, I assure you that the group is
able to communicate with CDZ in his native German.

Tony V.
Old January 8th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Has any of you asked Claus-Dieter Zink for his view on the matter?

Hi,

I don't know the exact background apart from what was published here and
on segelflug.de, but I wonder whether any of you has actually heard the
whole story from CDZ's point of view. This whole campaign against him
might not be entirely justified for all we know, and it could cause him
a lot of damage.
For anyone who's interested (and speaks German), here's a posting he
obviously asked the webmaster of segelflug.de to publish in the
segelflug.de gliding forum:
http://www.segelflug.de/wwwboard/index.html

Go to: Segelflug - Streitthemen, Gegendarstellung C.D.Zink

Claudia
Old January 8th 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 15:20:09 UTC, Claudia Buengen
wrote:

: I don't know the exact background apart from what was published here and
: on segelflug.de, but I wonder whether any of you has actually heard the
: whole story from CDZ's point of view.

I have read several pieces by him and his lawyer. Their reaction would
seem to be to be entirely understandable ... if someone had used his
images without permission on a calendar or other commercial product.
For a brief usage of small images on a non-commercial website whose
organisers actively sought his permission it seems sadly ill-judged to
me. That's a shame - this does seem like a very, very trivial matter
to get so terribly upset about. My sympathies on the affairs in
question are wholly with the LLC people - but I'm quite sorry for
Herr Zink, too. I'd hate to be as unhappy as he seems to be.

Ian

Old January 8th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I don't know the exact background apart from what was published here and
on segelflug.de, but I wonder whether any of you has actually heard the
whole story from CDZ's point of view.

You can read it all he
http://lowlands.sytes.net/cdzfiles.asp

This page includes all correspondence, unaltered, including Mr Zinks
and Mr Kreimers POV, so unless you want think I forged them and would
risk a suit for libel, it should give anyone the opportunity to make up
his own mind.

This whole campaign against him
might not be entirely justified for all we know, and it could cause him
a lot of damage.

Just for the record; LLC never set up a "campaign" against Mr Zink. We
simply published what was going on, by giving the bare facts, and
requested assistance. Mr Zink is now complaining about receiving
threads and insults, but I dare anyone to point out where exactly we
asked to do that. The opposite is true, we've asked people to refrain
from such actions, as we do not condone them.

And indeed, this issue might cause some considerable damage to his
business and/or reputation, but it was Mr Zinks choice, not ours, not
to negotiate with us and instead immediately take legal steps. We've
kept this quiet for as long as we could, but when 3 young german
volounteers (one of them even underage), that bare no responsability in
this matter whatsoever, where facing trial, with no possibility to even
negotiate a resonable settlement, I no longer had a choice but go
public.

Again, anyone is free to make up their own mind on this; possibly we
did do something illegal, but wether that warrants the actions by Mr
Zink or not, is up to you do decide. To what extent using these images
the way we did, caused any damage to Mr Zinks business, is up to a
court to decide.

For anyone who's interested (and speaks German), here's a posting he
obviously asked the webmaster of segelflug.de to publish in the
segelflug.de gliding forum:
http://www.segelflug.de/wwwboard/index.html

Go to: Segelflug - Streitthemen, Gegendarstellung C.D.Zink

I saw those threads. To bad they are locked, as some of them contain
some huge misunderstandings. For instance, it is claimed there LLC
would be a commercial organization, which is of course, ridiculous.

Old January 8th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I explained the situation in detail to him - in German - and he
actually agreed that probably this conflict could have been avoided if
Vertigos first mails would have been in German. Since he does not speak
English, he throws away all non-German mails as spam. =:-o

If this is true, you should forward this message to the LLC guys. That
puts CDZ's whole case into the dustbin.

Already done. Actually with written permission by CDZ himself...

Old January 8th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I have posted a comment on his visitors board and have received a mail
direct from CDZ in reply. I suggest everyone who cares about this does
likewise. Eventually he might just get the idea.

Ian

Old January 9th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Claudia Buengen wrote:

...I wonder whether any of you has actually heard the
whole story from CDZ's point of view.

Sorry, I don't have time for German language web sites. Perhaps you
would like to translate -- or are you worried that Herr Zink might claim
that you would have damaged his copyright?

Jack