Taxi speed

Old April 9th 07, 12:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Natalie

Default Taxi speed

Not4wood wrote:

When I was sitting behind the Pilot in a Beaver, he kept it to a slow crawl
at all times. Probably because the taxi way was kinda bumpy and didn't want
us tossed around. Comfort of the paying customers is paramount. How would
you feel sitting in an Airbus and getting your cookies tossed around because
the Pilot was trying to make up some speed on the ground and couldn't care
about your comfort? I don't think so. Remember, the Pilot is responsible
for everyone's safety and their comfort.

Something that's going to bounce you to the ceiling in a only going to
be a hiccup in an Airbus.
Old April 10th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Curtis CCR

On Mar 5, 12:15 pm, B A R R Y wrote:
Hilton wrote:
Hi,

What is the normal and maximum taxi speed (in knots) for an RJ, 737, and 747
in normal operations?

As an airline passenger, I typically see ~ 15 MPH (~ 12.5 knots) on my
handheld GPS, with the occasional 20 MPH leg on a long, straight
taxiway. In my Spam can, the GPS groundspeed typically shows ~ 10-12
knots on the high end.

I had a roommate that worked for UPS at OAK. For a while, when there
was a lot of traffic, Southwest would occassionaly land at north field
and taxi to the passenger terminal side of the airport. He said that
there were a couple of times they followed those 737s in ramp vehicles
and they couldn't keep up at 40 MPH.

Taxi accident at OSH StudentPPSEL Owning 4 August 3rd 06 09:52 PM
Hanoi Taxi john smith Piloting 0 April 27th 06 03:48 AM
License To Taxi? SteveT Piloting 29 October 16th 05 04:57 PM
Leaning for taxi Jim Rosinski Piloting 28 September 12th 04 03:53 AM
taxi in reverse? [email protected] Owning 20 February 21st 04 01:26 AM