Soaring Videos Wanted!

Old January 19th 19, 07:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wyll Surf Air

Default Soaring Videos Wanted!

Just thought I would point out that stuff like this is one of the reasons that young people like myself are not always drawn to soaring. Just because you may not personally like rap doesn't mean you should call it pestilant or bombastic. I understand it's a generational thing but videos like what Herb posted are what will make soaring appealing to young people. They are exciting and funny even if musically lacking in some ways. This excitement and fun is what draws new young people to soaring.
Old January 19th 19, 07:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wyll Surf Air

Who said I'm trying to get more boys interested?
I think trying to attract more young people of all genders should be our focus as a community.
Old January 19th 19, 08:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Wayland

On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 2:35:04 AM UTC-5, Wyll Surf Air wrote:
Who said I'm trying to get more boys interested?
I think trying to attract more young people of all genders should be our focus as a community.

We have been trying to get girls in this sport since they let the Germans have gliders after WWI. You can barely keep the sport going now with all the grey hairs here.

Now, RAP is going to do it?
Good luck with that. It's a start.

You think we would try to sell this sport as green since these kids believe global warming is a problem as the whole world burns up in flames, tomorrow. You can't ask for a more eco-friendly sport when they can yank you up on a cable for pennies and stay up using the sun for hours at a time. I still think the big boobs are the best! It's a perspective thing!
Old January 19th 19, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I saw an awful lot of smiles in that video...Â* Right ON!

On 1/18/2019 8:58 PM, wrote:
This is what a motivational soaring is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07YTir9l8Vo

--
Dan, 5J

---

Old January 19th 19, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

I've seen young people in this decade having fun and learning to fly in well maintained Schweizers. To be honest, Schweizers should be part of a promotional video about soaring in the USA.

Anyone have the link to Gary Boogs doing a loop in a 2-33 near a ridge? And his videos of two young people in the backseat of his 2-32 capture the fun of soaring.

This clip makes a 2-33 look good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L965h2jcQZY
Old January 19th 19, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 2:25:17 AM UTC-6, Gary Wayland wrote:
On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 2:35:04 AM UTC-5, Wyll Surf Air wrote:
Who said I'm trying to get more boys interested?
I think trying to attract more young people of all genders should be our focus as a community.

We have been trying to get girls in this sport since they let the Germans have gliders after WWI. You can barely keep the sport going now with all the grey hairs here.

Now, RAP is going to do it?
Good luck with that. It's a start.

You think we would try to sell this sport as green since these kids believe global warming is a problem as the whole world burns up in flames, tomorrow. You can't ask for a more eco-friendly sport when they can yank you up on a cable for pennies and stay up using the sun for hours at a time. I still think the big boobs are the best! It's a perspective thing!

Do we have any Xenophobes on RAS? I hope not. Gary, you claim to have German heritage but I guess you never go to Europe. Here's another video with - gasp - young girls in it and they seem to enjoy themselves. I really feel pity for all you poor souls only finding fault in these honest and amazing efforts to promote soaring. Next thing I'm gonna hear: well, the French are really bad at dancing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpdpwpyQjd4&t=16s
Old January 19th 19, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 11:43:08 AM UTC-8, gotovkotzepkoi wrote:
Inappropriate, bombastic music and in your face flashy graphics ruin
this video. Distracts from the flying part.

--
gotovkotzepkoi

Young people having fun around gliders. Oh, the horror of it all. . .
But, maybe some folks would prefer to see a bunch of older glider pilots dancing to a dirge. The each, his and/or her own.
Old January 19th 19, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 9:04:56 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Herb-

Germans cannot rap. I wish Americans couldn't either, but at least we do it better than the Krauts. Not saying a lot, as I think all rap is pestilent.

You aren't too good at humor, either. Is there such a thing as a German Stand-Up comic?

I mean, one who hasn't starved to death looking for a second gig.

You aren't too good at humor, either. Is there such a thing as a German Stand-Up comic?

Otto Waalkes, Mike Krueger, HaPe Kerkeling, plus a whole bunch of more contemporary ones ... Of course, their humor is tailored to the German audience.

About the German soaring rap video: You viewed it and are talking about it - mission accomplished! :-)

Uli
'AS'
Old January 19th 19, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 3:46:02 PM UTC-6, AS wrote:
On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 9:04:56 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Herb-

Germans cannot rap. I wish Americans couldn't either, but at least we do it better than the Krauts. Not saying a lot, as I think all rap is pestilent.

You aren't too good at humor, either. Is there such a thing as a German Stand-Up comic?

I mean, one who hasn't starved to death looking for a second gig.

You aren't too good at humor, either. Is there such a thing as a German Stand-Up comic?

Otto Waalkes, Mike Krueger, HaPe Kerkeling, plus a whole bunch of more contemporary ones ... Of course, their humor is tailored to the German audience.

About the German soaring rap video: You viewed it and are talking about it - mission accomplished! :-)

Uli
'AS'

Thanks Uli, I was hoping for you to chime in. As long as we get people talking about soaring, we win. And really, at the next Seniors contest they should recreate that French dancing video.

Non-Stop Soaring Film Fest: Showcasing The Best Soaring Videos Kemp[_2_] Soaring 20 December 21st 11 09:25 AM
Oklahoma Soaring Videos Randy[_2_] Soaring 2 February 19th 09 04:49 AM
Flight Engineer Videos Wanted Angel Pagan Piloting 0 September 11th 04 01:59 AM
Soaring videos adzik Soaring 4 August 25th 04 08:54 PM
Wanted links to gliding videos Mal Soaring 2 August 11th 03 09:50 AM