Looking for a fuselage

Old February 16th 05, 09:03 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Bob Fry wrote:

wmbjk wmbjk@remove_this citlink.net writes:

It seems to me that this movie has one of the biggest aviation gaffes of all
time,

Nope, I believe I saw the biggest gaffe recently in a stinkeroo about
terrorists taking over a 747 in flight.

How about the movie where Ahnold kills his seatmate just before the
plane takes off, then manages to sneak down to the landing gear by
cutting through a flimsy plastic cover....he never seems to pass
through a pressure bulkhead.

Can't beat the "6 Million Dollar Man" series for really low budget
effects. Ever notice no matter what aircraft he was flying they would
always show B-52 gear retracting.

Come to think of it, some of the 50s giant ant movies were really bad. I
saw one where the aircraft changed from a T-33 to an F-84 inflight and
the narrator explained the changed by saying they dropped tanks. The
never did explain how they turned 2 wing root intakes into one nose intake.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old February 16th 05, 09:07 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Morgans wrote:

How about the movie where Ahnold kills his seatmate just before the
plane takes off, then manages to sneak down to the landing gear by
cutting through a flimsy plastic cover....he never seems to pass
through a pressure bulkhead.

It's okay. It was aviation grade Tyvek.

Rich "Running and ducking for cover" S.

Question: "Know why nobody sends donkeys to school?"

Answer: "Nobody likes a *smart ass*!

Good carry-over from another thread, though.;-)

Or a teacher who says "don't get smart."

Dan "who didn't", U.S. Air Force, retired
Old February 16th 05, 09:16 AM
Frank van der Hulst

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:
Can't beat the "6 Million Dollar Man" series for really low budget
effects. Ever notice no matter what aircraft he was flying they would
always show B-52 gear retracting.

I must say I was disappointed by the flying scenes in "The Aviator" --
not enough of them, and the XF-11 and Spruce Goose never looked like
anything other than Photoshop-generated images :-(

And what about the scene where Howard and someone are walking off,
trying to think what kind of wood to build it out of... I mean, it's not
like spruce hadn't been a standard aircraft construction material for
almost 40 years at that point.

Sheesh, in a movie about an aviation legend, they could at least make an
effort to get the aviation facts straight.

Frank
(and wasn't that 737 I saw landing in 1963 in "Ray"?)
Old February 16th 05, 11:29 AM
Bob Noel

In article , "Morgans"
wrote:

Question: "Know why nobody sends donkeys to school?"

Answer: "Nobody likes a *smart ass*!

nobody likes an educated mule or donkey...

--
Bob Noel
looking for a sig the lawyers will like
Old February 16th 05, 11:40 AM
Morgans

"Frank van der Hulst" wrote

And what about the scene where Howard and someone are walking off,
trying to think what kind of wood to build it out of... I mean, it's not
like spruce hadn't been a standard aircraft construction material for
almost 40 years at that point.

You do realize that there is very little spruce in the spruce goose, don't
you?
--
Jim in NC

Old February 16th 05, 12:37 PM
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Bob Noel wrote:
In article , "Morgans"
wrote:

Question: "Know why nobody sends donkeys to school?"

Answer: "Nobody likes a *smart ass*!

nobody likes an educated mule or donkey...

Well, with _horses_, you don't have to worry.
They may make it through arithmetic class.
They may make it through basic algebra class.
They may make it through solid geometry class.
They *NEVER* make it through the co-ordinate geometry class.

It seems there's something about "putting Des Cartes before the horse."

Old February 16th 05, 01:03 PM
LCT Paintball

"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message
In article ,
Bob Noel wrote:
In article , "Morgans"

wrote:

Question: "Know why nobody sends donkeys to school?"

Answer: "Nobody likes a *smart ass*!

nobody likes an educated mule or donkey...

Well, with _horses_, you don't have to worry.
They may make it through arithmetic class.
They may make it through basic algebra class.
They may make it through solid geometry class.
They *NEVER* make it through the co-ordinate geometry class.

It seems there's something about "putting Des Cartes before the horse."

BOOO, Hisssssss

Old February 16th 05, 01:08 PM
Jay Honeck

It seems there's something about "putting Des Cartes before the horse."

DING DING DING!

You win! You win the Newsgroup Award for presenting the absolute WORST joke
anyone has EVER seen on Usenet -- truly an amazing honor!

Augh, that was terrible...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 16th 05, 01:10 PM
Jay Honeck

I must say I was disappointed by the flying scenes in "The Aviator" --
not enough of them, and the XF-11 and Spruce Goose never looked like
anything other than Photoshop-generated images :-(

Actually, those were both very large R/C models, according to Air & Space
magazine.

We're talking in the hundreds of pounds. (And the Spruce Goose model was
supposedly ELECTRIC powered, which I thought was interesting...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 16th 05, 02:16 PM
Ash Wyllie

Jay Honeck opined

I must say I was disappointed by the flying scenes in "The Aviator" --
not enough of them, and the XF-11 and Spruce Goose never looked like
anything other than Photoshop-generated images :-(

Actually, those were both very large R/C models, according to Air & Space
magazine.

We're talking in the hundreds of pounds. (And the Spruce Goose model was
supposedly ELECTRIC powered, which I thought was interesting...)

Given Lithium Polymer batteries, electric is becoming the power of choice
for scale aircraft. Look through some of last years RC mags, there is a Chinese
AWACs aircraft in many of them.

Interesting plane. Based on a Soviet copy of a US B-29. Even has a rotating
radome.

-ash
Cthulhu in 2005!
Why wait for nature?