Looking for a fuselage

Old February 16th 05, 10:12 PM
Morgans

"Jay Honeck" wrote

Actually, those were both very large R/C models, according to Air & Space
magazine.

We're talking in the hundreds of pounds. (And the Spruce Goose model was
supposedly ELECTRIC powered, which I thought was interesting...)
--
Jay Honeck

Can you imagine trying to start 8 engines, and keep them running? Electric
makes multi's much easier.

I often wonder if the Spruce Goose was capable of flying out of ground
effect, with the engines that were on it. Has anyone ever done a modern
aero analysis on it?
--
Jim in NC

Old February 17th 05, 07:50 AM
Montblack

("George Patterson" wrote)
Of course we can. I saw Harrison Ford do it in "Air Force One." :-)

Honey, either shoot the terrorist, shoot me, wait till we land and shoot
Glenn Close, or shoot yourself, I really don't care anymore. But for
heaven's sake ...shoot SOMEBODY with that gun you're holding!

Montblack

Old February 17th 05, 08:04 AM
Montblack

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
It seems there's something about "putting Des Cartes before the horse."

DING DING DING!

You win! You win the Newsgroup Award for presenting the absolute WORST
joke anyone has EVER seen on Usenet -- truly an amazing honor!

Augh, that was terrible...

Here's one for you Simon.

Horse walks into a bar. Bartender says, "Why the long face?"

Yo Montblack, you really brought it tonight. Dat's Da bomb.

Old February 17th 05, 11:07 PM
Jay Honeck

Horse walks into a bar. Bartender says, "Why the long face?"

Yo Montblack, you really brought it tonight. Dat's Da bomb.

Sorry. Although that's really bad, the other joke is still the worst.

Ever.

Hey -- only 5 months till OSH. You planning to drive down again?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 17th 05, 11:39 PM
Montblack

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
Sorry. Although that's really bad, the other joke is still the worst.

Ever.

Hey -- only 5 months till OSH. You planning to drive down again?

Yes ...hanging head ...again.

That is unless I can catch a ride in a Tri-Motor going over. There's talk in
these parts about having a Tri-Motor Round-Up at OSH this year. Golden Wings
Museum is going to see how many they can bring over. Other Tri-Motor owners
around the country are being called. That's all I know about that.

www.goldenwingsmuseum.com
5 flying Tri-Motors baby! Also, check out the Lindbergh Foundation Event in
May.

Otherwise, I'll be bringing the 'airplane of minivans' again. New tires, new
water pump and new O2 sensor. Should make it another year.

Montblack

Old February 18th 05, 04:08 AM
Jay Honeck

Otherwise, I'll be bringing the 'airplane of minivans' again. New tires,
new water pump and new O2 sensor. Should make it another year.

Hey, that ol' minivan made the rec.aviation OSH '04 party an absolute blow
out!

Unless you can fit a buffet into the Trimotor, I won't be upset if you have
to "fly" the Chrysler another year!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 18th 05, 01:28 PM
Stealth Pilot

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:38:02 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Or a big propeller.

Now that our conversion to an aviation theme-suites hotel is almost
complete, we think it's time to make the *outside* of the place look more
aviation-ish. (We've only changed the inside, thus far.)

Anyone know where I can find an old Cessna 140 (for example) fuselage for
cheap that I could mount on a pole out front? Or a big ol' Convair prop?
Something I could hoist up onto a 3-story sign, to catch the eye of
travelers?

Anyone got any better ideas? Whatever we do, it can't be unsafe, and it
shouldn't look too kitschy...

Thanks!

somewhere out in the texas desert is an eaa chapter with a smartly
painted BD5 on a pole. it looks as slick as anything I've ever seen on
a pole.

the other suggestion is to locate a disgraced Mini 500 Helicopter and
put it on a pole.

something small, smartly painted and interesting. definitely
uncrashed!!!!
the general public are still turned on by both of the aforementioned
designs.
Stealth Pilot
Old March 7th 05, 04:30 AM
Mark Hickey

Anyone know where I can find an old Cessna 140 (for example) fuselage for
cheap that I could mount on a pole out front? Or a big ol' Convair prop?
Something I could hoist up onto a 3-story sign, to catch the eye of
travelers?

I think I found just the thing for you... (though you're gonna need a
really, REALLY stout pole...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

.... or if you prefer, item number 4532033102.

Mark "shipping's gonna cost you though" Hickey
Old March 7th 05, 04:39 AM
Jay Honeck

Now THAT is cool!

The City probably wouldn't let us put it out front, and shipping would be a
killer, but...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 7th 05, 06:59 AM
Wayne Paul

Is the bird on ebay the same type as the one in the following link?
http://www.soaridaho.com/Gliders_on_Tow.jpg

Wayne