Soaring Videos Wanted!

Old January 18th 19, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Soaring Videos Wanted!

Here's a short promo for Cu Nim Gliding Club that I like a lot https://www.cunim.org/

Whoops!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gig4Dx1rP1M
Old January 18th 19, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

When it comes to the choice of music coupled with Soaring footage I don’t think anyone can hold a candle to what Balleka produced.
Old January 18th 19, 04:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 7:56:34 PM UTC-7, wrote:
When it comes to the choice of music coupled with Soaring footage I don’t think anyone can hold a candle to what Balleka produced.

Agree.
Old January 18th 19, 07:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 6:25:38 PM UTC-7, Wyll Surf Air wrote:
Weather they are exiting is up to you, but I make soaring videos and I guess you could call me young. I fit the SSA standard for jr pilot.

https://youtu.be/VsGnQiDF9jU

https://youtu.be/25IE2RUG0wk

Wyll, I like your videos. The more you make, the better they get. Keep it up.
Old January 18th 19, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, January 14, 2019 at 4:06:14 PM UTC-5, wrote:
GoPro and Other HD & 4K Soaring Videos Wanted!

The SSA is looking to its members to submit any 1080-HD or 4K soaring video you think the SSA might like to use in producing future promotional videos.

The SSA is currently seeking raw footage of any closeup air-to-air shots, or video of 2 or more gliders engaged in ridge running or flying under cloud streets, mountain flying, racing, or flying in formation.

We also need footage shot from around the gliderport, such as instructors working with youth/Juniors or student pilots, people working together on a glider in the hangar, footage from social gatherings, etc. What we REALLY NEED is footage of people having fun and enjoying themselves at the home club.

We need video of youth, teenageers, college age, and/or young adults up to age 40 engaged in soaring activities.... either in the air or contributing around the club. Footage that can be used to give people a sense of the fun social atmosphere many clubs enjoy, mentoring, flight instruction, and the comradery enjoyed by pilots of all ages, especially when Junior and younger adult pilots are engaged with more Senior pilots - this is wanted too.

Lastly, if you think you have something that's really exciting that nobody's ever seen before we're interested in having that too.

To make arrangements to submit your video(s) for possible inclusion in the SSA's latest marketing efforts, please contact the SSA by email at: (someone from the SSA's Digital Media Working Group will get back to you in 3-5 business days). Thank you!

- Chris Schrader
SSA Director, Region 6

Use any footage you have from the Junior camp at Harris Hill.
Also contact Harris Hill Juniors. They do a video every year and some have a lot of good footage. Contact Andy Brayer to get connected.
UH
Old January 18th 19, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

DOn't ever forget Tow Pilots, we are cool too you know....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHao...VfKev4p7J4_y9Y

You need us
Old January 18th 19, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Snyder

We were fortunate to have a student from UVA make a documentary about soaring at our club a couple years back. I'm not sure it qualifies as exciting, but the quality is quite good. If you need me to, I can probably track down the author:

https://youtu.be/_uXFl0gNNEs

Old January 18th 19, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Snyder

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 10:23:17 AM UTC-5, Chris Snyder wrote:
We were fortunate to have a student from UVA make a documentary about soaring at our club a couple years back. I'm not sure it qualifies as exciting, but the quality is quite good. If you need me to, I can probably track down the author:

https://youtu.be/_uXFl0gNNEs

Our club posts weekly video clips and some could be considered exciting (see Pete Appleby's wingover) or at least decent b-roll of windy T/O and landing ops:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Merlinaero

Wingover: https://www.facebook.com/tri413/vide...user_video_tab

Old January 18th 19, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Monday, January 14, 2019 at 1:06:14 PM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

I just wanted to give a call out to those that make and post videos. I had a hobby job flying rides and multiple times a paying customer would walk through the door and say he wanted "to fly like Bruno".
Old January 18th 19, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Welcome back to the 50s!Â* I kept looking for Inspector Clouseau.Â* I
guess that makes me old...

:-D

--
Dan, 5J

---

Non-Stop Soaring Film Fest: Showcasing The Best Soaring Videos Kemp[_2_] Soaring 20 December 21st 11 10:25 AM
Oklahoma Soaring Videos Randy[_2_] Soaring 2 February 19th 09 05:49 AM
Flight Engineer Videos Wanted Angel Pagan Piloting 0 September 11th 04 01:59 AM
Soaring videos adzik Soaring 4 August 25th 04 08:54 PM
Wanted links to gliding videos Mal Soaring 2 August 11th 03 09:50 AM