am I loser?

Old August 24th 03, 02:47 AM
Frederick Wilson

Default am I loser?

Well folks I am struggling here. I know what I want to build but I am having
trouble justifing starting the project. This is what I have going on. New
baby coming in January (I'm excited). Trying to complete the new master
bedroom (Make room for new baby). Going to school. And am a national guard
member on active duty. I try to justify my not starting the project because
my plate is full and because I have not gotten my two car garage/hanger
built.

I have read in several places how folks started their project in apartments
and via other means.

Am I a loser, procrastintor, or do I really have a full plate?

Fred

Old August 24th 03, 06:16 AM
Capt. Doug

Frederick Wilson wrote in message
Am I a loser, procrastintor, or do I really have a full plate?

One of your projects will be done in January. That should free up some time.
:-)

D. (Just do it!)

Old August 24th 03, 08:43 AM
Barnyard BOb --

"Morgans" wrote:

I would say that you should do the things you need to do around the house,
before you get started on your project. That is the advise that will make
continueing a married relationship possible.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

ad·vice ---
n.

1. Opinion about what could or should be done about a situation or
problem; counsel.
2. Information communicated; news. Often used in the plural:
advices from an ambassador.

ad·vise, ad-vis-es
v.

1. To offer advice to; counsel.
2. To recommend; suggest: advised patience.
3. Usage Problem. To inform; notify.

con·tin·ue
v. con·tin·ued, con·tin·u·ing, con·tin·ues
v. intr.

P.S.
Is the subject of QUALITY teachers
still open for discussion? g

Barnyard BOb - Spell Police trainee

Old August 24th 03, 09:25 AM
Ken Sandyeggo

Well folks I am struggling here. I know what I want to build but I am

having
trouble justifing starting the project. This is what I have going on. New
baby coming in January (I'm excited). Trying to complete the new master
bedroom (Make room for new baby). Going to school. And am a national guard
member on active duty. I try to justify my not starting the project

because
my plate is full and because I have not gotten my two car garage/hanger
built.

I have read in several places how folks started their project in

apartments
and via other means.

Am I a loser, procrastintor, or do I really have a full plate?

Fred

Sounds like plenty, right now.

I would say that you should do the things you need to do around the house,
before you get started on your project. That is the advise that will make
continueing a married relationship possible. Plus, If you get caught up
with the other stuff, you can devote more uninterrupted time to your
project.

I am at the same stage now, in a way.

Come on! When does one ever get caught up around the house? If you
use that as a reason, you'll never get started. Heck, most of us just
spent an hour or so every couple days working on our projects. If you
know what you want and can afford it, go ahead and get the parts and
start slowly. Eventually it'll get done, despite all the other
projects and chores you have.

Or, like me during one stage of my life, throw the kids out to fend
for themselves and go through a divorce. Rent a tiny apartment with
a hotplate, crummy TV and 2 cubic foot refrigerator and stock it with
TV dinners and lunchmeat. Your ex will get the car and you can get
yourself a cheap "beater." You'll have all the time you want to work
on your plane, because you'll be too embarrassed to ask a woman out in
your junky car or bring her to your crummy apartment. Your clothes
will look like crap too, because you never learned how to use an iron.
Truthfully though, your way is better. That time in my life wasn't
too enjoyable and the time as a kid-raising family is something to
really treasure.

Ken J. - Sandie a go
Old August 24th 03, 10:46 AM
Veeduber

Plunging out of the sun, Websters blazing, the Grumpy Grammarian pounces on the
unsuspecting Newbie and gives him the whole nine yards. As the Newbie spirals
down in flames the deadly Grammarian slides back the canopy and chomps the butt
of his stoogie. "God but I'm good!"
Old August 24th 03, 01:14 PM
Barnyard BOb --

(Veeduber) wrote:

Plunging out of the sun, Websters blazing, the Grumpy Grammarian pounces on the
unsuspecting Newbie and gives him the whole nine yards. As the Newbie spirals
down in flames the deadly Grammarian slides back the canopy and chomps the butt
of his stoogie. "God but I'm good!"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

chuckle

Grumpy Grammarian's quarry might not be
Manfred von Richthofen, but a newbie or
virgin he sure as hell aint.

ain't --
Nonstandard

1. Contraction of am not.
2. Used also as a contraction for are not,
is not, has not, and have not.

Barnyard BOb --

Old August 24th 03, 03:18 PM
RobertR237

In article EOU1b.182903$Oz4.48809@rwcrnsc54, "Frederick Wilson"
writes:

Well folks I am struggling here. I know what I want to build but I am having
trouble justifing starting the project. This is what I have going on. New
baby coming in January (I'm excited). Trying to complete the new master
bedroom (Make room for new baby). Going to school. And am a national guard
member on active duty. I try to justify my not starting the project because
my plate is full and because I have not gotten my two car garage/hanger
built.

I have read in several places how folks started their project in apartments
and via other means.

Am I a loser, procrastintor, or do I really have a full plate?

Fred

Fred,

I hate to put it this way but if you have to ask, you probably should wait. If
you do decide to go forward, set aside one night or one day of the weekend as a
commitment to the project and stick to it. Just remember, it is going to take
a long time.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old August 24th 03, 05:23 PM
Morgans

"Barnyard BOb --" wrote v. intr.

P.S.
Is the subject of QUALITY teachers
still open for discussion? g

Barnyard BOb - Spell Police trainee

You got me. I recently reformated, and didn't have the spell check on yet.
Add to that my increased levels of pain medication after my surgery... you
see the results.

Thats my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

As far as my teaching goes, I'll challenge you to a wood cuttin' and
hammerin' duel, anytime.

Old August 24th 03, 05:44 PM
Morgans

"Morgans" wrote in message

" he sure as hell aint.

Barnyard BOb --

BOb, did you forget something up there? Perhaps on of these. ( ' ) :-)
--
Jim in NC

Just like I forgot one of these; ( e )

Old August 24th 03, 07:06 PM
Roger Halstead

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 07:14:51 -0500, Barnyard BOb --
wrote:

(Veeduber) wrote:

Plunging out of the sun, Websters blazing, the Grumpy Grammarian pounces on the
unsuspecting Newbie and gives him the whole nine yards. As the Newbie spirals
down in flames the deadly Grammarian slides back the canopy and chomps the butt
of his stoogie. "God but I'm good!"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

chuckle

Grumpy Grammarian's quarry might not be
Manfred von Richthofen, but a newbie or
virgin he sure as hell aint.

ain't --
Nonstandard

1. Contraction of am not.
2. Used also as a contraction for are not,
is not, has not, and have not.

OKKKK...Now that you've fidished describing my finances...

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Barnyard BOb --