Where are you from ?

Old December 17th 05, 01:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Where are you from ?

Oh come on Ray, your trailer is fantastic! Redneck chic at its best!
The visual play between the corrugated roofing tin and the smoothness of
the red bondo (well. it will be smooth whenever you get around to
sanding it) is very aesthetically satisfying. Tying all your buckets
and other miscellaneous stuff on the outside of the trailer, leaving
plenty of room for a larger beer cooler inside, was brilliant. And I
thought using split tin washtubs for fenders was a stroke of genius!

Larry Goddard

Texan, in exile in Georgia (USA version)

"Ray Lovinggood" wrote in message
:

At 02:36 17 December 2005, wrote:
Ray ! This is RAS !
Invent a good origin and we'll take it as gospel !
See ya, Dave

Ok Dave. The 'truth' is, I'm from Red Neck Land.
I am a Red Neck. The name, 'Lovinggood' is pure Red
Neck. Don't believe I'm a red neck? Have you seen
my glider trailer? It ain't no stinkin' Cobra. More
like an intestinal tape worm.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Old December 17th 05, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Pete Brown wrote:

Shawn wrote:

For those from other parts of the world who think Texas is just part
of the US, it's not. It's a separate country. Just ask a Texan.

It's a small country as well. Just ask an Alaskan.

LOL
Old December 17th 05, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Jacob Olsen wrote:
Just reply with a country name..

- Denmark

England

(But your constraints may make the answer misleading)

Andy

Old December 17th 05, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Indeed, "where are you now?" might be a better question.

Mike

Old December 18th 05, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Alaska, where you can't drive your car between some of the towns
without putting it on a boat or a train... I'll bet you guys are really
enjoying the flying weather up there about now... haha... Alaska -
big... yes - useful... no - I'm moving out of Texas, and it's killing
me! Well, maybe not. Clovis NM is only about 10 miles out, so I guess I
can stand it. I think one of my employees put it better than I've ever
heard it. He said thet he's glad to be where the natives are proud of
their homeland and heritage, and that you don't get too much of that
anywhere else... I've found that to be true. I've also found that
others just don't get it. Rave on Alaska... most Alaskans are from the
"lower 48" anyway.

Jack Womack
Proud to be a native Texan

Old December 18th 05, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I've seen this alleged trailer, and you really shouldn't insult the
tapeworm like that!

Old December 18th 05, 05:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

At 04:48 18 December 2005, Eric Greenwell wrote:
wrote:
I've seen this alleged trailer, and you really shouldn't
insult the
tapeworm like that!

Is there a picture somewhere (of the trailer, of course;
I know what a
tapeworm looks like)?

--
Change 'netto' to 'net' to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Eric, et al.

Photos are at:

http://www.greenbullfrog.com/flight/...um.php?set_alb
umName=D-0142

That's not my LS1-d in the photos, but an LS1-c. That
glider looks nicer than mine.

Trailer built by John Byrd, according to an entry in
the glider's logbook.

Trailer would look a lot nicer if the owner (me) would
paint it. But on days that are suitable for working
on stripping paint and painting (all to be done outdoors
at the airport because I don't have a garage), those
same suitable days are good enough for flying. Screw
the painting of the trailer, LET'S GO FLY!

The trailer serves its intended purpose, even if it
looks a wee bit funky.

Ray Lovinggood
Presently from North Carolina, but born and bred in
South Carolina, CSA

Old December 18th 05, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

England and by the way the yanks didn't invent the web it was an English
man - Tim Berners Lee.

"Graeme Cant" wrote in message
André Somers wrote:
bumper wrote:

I thought this newsgroup was for Americans ONLY . . . what the heck are
all you foreigners doing on here?

Well, you're obviously mistaken then, arn't you? This is an

international
group. I don't see any "us" or "usa" in the name, do you?

No, no, Andre. He's not Dutch, he's American. He's joking.

And they never do put US or USA in. It's like English postage stamps.
They don't say the country because they invented it. We're all their
guests really.

...and you forgot to say Netherlands.

GC
(New South Wales - a country like Texas but flatter)

André