LUNCH WITH SS STURMGRUPENNFUHRER OTTO SKORZENY

Old February 27th 04, 05:53 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: LUNCH WITH SS STURMGRUPENNFUHRER OTTO SKORZENY
From: "Joe Osman"
Date: 2/26/04 1:45 PM Pacific Standard Time

"KtM" wrote in message
.. .
On 20 Feb 2004 19:13:46 GMT,
(ArtKramr) wrote:

From:
nt (Krztalizer)
Date: 2/20/04 10:22 AM Pacific Standard Time

You should have been with us. We had rack of Lamb with a 20 year old

Marquis
Riscal. Nice afternoon.

I have a very good friend that flew for the Luftwaffe and 99% of the

time, I
can deal with him and has attitudes about those years, but lurking

behind the
pleasantness and warm feelings is the knowledge that there is still a

small
photo of Hitler hanging on the wall in his den. When it gets to the

point
that
this fact starts disturbing me again, I gather up the books and flight

sims
and
head home, and try not to picture my friend as a glazed-eyed participant

in a
mass of humanity, cheering their leader onward.

Skorzeny across the table would have really creeped me out! Glad the

spread
was nice at least...

v/r
Gordon
====(A+C====
USN SAR

Donate your memories - write a note on the back and send your old photos

to a
reputable museum, don't take them with you when you're gone.

I was in Madrid the guest of a French friend and his German wife. Good
manners were required under all conditions.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

As well you were hoped, and I believe
Hoped to do. After all, the "war" had ended long time ago, and well,
IF healing does not start in that time, it does not.
I wasn't there, I admit that, and I did not have lunch with him.
My country was in war with Russia, alongside germany, but still, my
opinion on him is that he fought for his country, not for the
ideology.
(Some American's know what I mean, The leader is not your favouriite,
but it was OUR county that was attacked etc.)
(p.s No trolling here, just saying nicely done to art)

Skorzeny was a Nazi party member in Austria since the early 1930's, and was
unapologetic about his belief in Hitler in his autobiography "My Commando
Operations."
He was very percepive in noticing that the Allies had excellent operational
intelligence, which he blamed on German traitors in the "Schwarz Kappel."
The book came out before Ultra was declassified.

Joe

I was well aware of all that at the time of our meeting. Skorzeny never tried
to hide any of it as bad as it was.

..

Old August 8th 04, 03:49 PM
Mike Beede

In article , B2431 wrote:

I hope you got food poisoning.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Because he wouldn't shake Skorzeny's hand? Or because he didn't
spring on him like a panther and beat him senseless? I understand
the sentiment, but not directed on the narrator. Maybe I read it
poorly.

Mike Beede