Texas Parasol

Old August 3rd 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Texas Parasol

To All:

I have recovered some of the files containing the corrections to the
FUSELAGE errors in the Texas Parasol drawings, originally posted in
Feb 2003 but since erased. Also found were portions of the tutorial
on extruded angle and its use for this type of structure.

If you've any interest in this data please provide a publicly
accessible space where the material may be posted. Some of the
drawings are in .jpg format, others are in DeltaCAD. So far, I've not
found any of the text files.

-R.S.Hoover
Old August 3rd 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

wrote:

To All:

I have recovered some of the files containing the corrections to the
FUSELAGE errors in the Texas Parasol drawings, originally posted in
Feb 2003 but since erased. Also found were portions of the tutorial
on extruded angle and its use for this type of structure.

If you've any interest in this data please provide a publicly
accessible space where the material may be posted. Some of the
drawings are in .jpg format, others are in DeltaCAD. So far, I've not
found any of the text files.

-R.S.Hoover

You have tried for years to make me out to be some kind of villain who
stole the design for someone else's airplane and called it my own.

That's not true. Not by a long shot!
But that's the story you keep shouting.

The construction manual I put together for the plane was my contribution
to our little group.

But that group didn't survive. When I found out that Chuck was selling
the plans anyway, I countered by selling them myself.

When he (allegedly) quit, so did I.

But here you go doing exactly what you've always accused me of doing!

Taking someone else's work, making changes, and calling it you own.

So what is your motive here, Robert?

Why are you doing all this?

Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;

But he that filches from me my good name
Robs me of that which not enriches him
And makes me poor indeed.
William Shakespeare, "Othello", Act 3 scene 3

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)
Old August 4th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Copperhead144

On Aug 3, 4:52*pm, cavelamb himself wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Cavelamb, no one is in any way being disrespectful to rude to you with
regarding the TP and this post from Bob or his generous offer. If you
have a need to be angry with someone than you may choose me as I have
downloaded the plans you so generously posted as well as asked Bob for
a copy of the prints and drawing he had critiqued and applied
corrections to.
I even became a member of the Yahoo TP Group because this design
impressed me with its simplicity. So if searching for available
options and possible improvements to a design is wrong then why is it
an experimental aircraft? In addition, as we expected to learn
something about aircraft construction throughout the entire process,
then what is wrong with questioning a design or a possible mistake?

Joe
Old August 4th 08, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 16:52:03 -0500, cavelamb himself

To All:

I have recovered some of the files containing the corrections to the
FUSELAGE errors in the Texas Parasol drawings, originally posted in
Feb 2003 but since erased. Also found were portions of the tutorial
on extruded angle and its use for this type of structure.

If you've any interest in this data please provide a publicly
accessible space where the material may be posted. Some of the
drawings are in .jpg format, others are in DeltaCAD. So far, I've not
found any of the text files.

-R.S.Hoover

Taking someone else's work, making changes, and calling it you own.

he called it the Texas Parasol and noted the information as
corrections to errors in the original plans.
he hasnt made any attribution of source.

I cant understand your attitude. Dont you realise that there were
changes needed?

Old August 4th 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Stealth Pilot wrote:
[...]

Needed?

Or wanted?

That's my problem with this whole affair.

These "improvements" have never been built (so you don't really know if
it will go together that way or not),
nor tested.

YOU BOTH have made really disparaging statements about the airplane not
being safe because you don't approve od some of the details.

Like the cabane bolts being loaded in tension.
I questioned it too - until I realized how lightly loaded they are.
And how many there are.

You don't like the wing strut fitting attachment.
Granted.
But it has never failed. Not even once.

If one had ever failed, we would have changed the thing years ago.
Before you ever even heard of it.

Bottom line on modifications is this:

If you want to change it, build it that way yourself.
THEN, if it works out ok, THEN publish the mods.

My attitude is simply, If it works, it works.

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)
Old August 4th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Copperhead144

On Aug 4, 11:25*am, cavelamb himself wrote:
Stealth Pilot wrote:
[...]

(remove the X to email)- Hide quoted text -

Posting modifications and or corrections to a project that work are
what I thought experimental avaition is all about Richard. Detailed
research of a project of any type before taking it on is something I
have done for many year's. I've written more research paper's and
immplemented more proceeedual policies than I care to recall.

I have no way of knowing if anything is right or wrong with the TP, I
only know that I like it and am doing a detailed study of it to
determine if I want to build one. Reviewing plan's, potential
glitche's and recommendations is a very basic part of who I am. If you
feel this is being critical of you than I am sorry you feel that way,
but it is not the case.

Coming back to avaition on a super tight budget mean's weighing out my
options, doing a detailed cost study and getting things right the
first time. It's a challange to me and I am enjoying myself.

Best regards

Joe
Old August 4th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

I appreciate that Joe.
But yes the are, and yes they have been.
And yes, they will continue to be.

My ire is with three individuals only.
That goes back several years.

Alternative approaches are not mistakes if they work.

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)
Old August 4th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Copperhead144 wrote:

[...]

From what you have said here, I understand where you are coming from.
And you are welcome to critique as you see fit.

Just so you know what I amd talking about, please feel free to research
our old history...

http://www.airtalk.org/next-vt20548....r=asc&start=15
I suggest you read the whole thread (about six pages).
If telling the truth is 'bashing' then I'm proud to plead guilty.
-R.S.Hoover

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)
Old August 5th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 09:00:36 -0700 (PDT), Copperhead144
wrote:

On Aug 3, 4:52Â*pm, cavelamb himself wrote:
wrote:
To All:

I have recovered some of the files containing the corrections to the
FUSELAGE errors in the Texas Parasol drawings, originally posted in
Feb 2003 but since erased. Â*Also found were portions of the tutorial
on extruded angle and its use for this type of structure.

If you've any interest in this data please provide a publicly
accessible space where the material may be posted. Â*Some of the
drawings are in .jpg format, others are in DeltaCAD. Â*So far, I've not
found any of the text files.

-R.S.Hoover

You have tried for years to make me out to be some kind of villain who
stole the design for someone else's airplane and called it my own.

That's not true. Not by a long shot!
But that's the story you keep shouting.

The construction manual I put together for the plane was my contribution
to our little group.

But that group didn't survive. Â*When I found out that Chuck was selling
the plans anyway, I countered by selling them myself.

When he (allegedly) quit, so did I.

But here you go doing exactly what you've always accused me of doing!

Taking someone else's work, making changes, and calling it you own.

So what is your motive here, Robert?

Why are you doing all this?

Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;

But he that filches from me my good name
Robs me of that which not enriches him
And makes me poor indeed.
Â* Â* Â*William Shakespeare, "Othello", Act 3 scene 3

--

[...]

Mistake? Cavlamb doesn't make mistakes. There was nothing wrong with
the TP plans as published.

Ya,Right!!!