Experimentals To Be Banned To Rural Airports?

Old August 29th 08, 01:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

Default Experimentals To Be Banned To Rural Airports?

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article Y4Htk.1161$Ro1.744@trnddc04, "Mike"
wrote:

Nobody wants to give up their "right" to
drive with a cell phone, ignore speed limits, run stop lights, etc. even
though such activity puts other people at risk.

"drive with a cell phone" .... ohmygawd. Hey, what about drive with
one of those GPS thingies, or changing CDs or scanning thru XM radio
or....?
Maybe we should require a sterile car so that nothing, absolutely nothing
can distract the driver.

(yep - this crusade about talking on a cellphone is a hot button for me).

Crusade all you want. Argue from silly extremes all you want. Talking on
the phone while driving increases risk of having a serious accident by 4-5
times. But you prove my point beautifully. People don't really give a
rat's arse about being safer if it inconvieniences them, even if the
inconvienience is slight.

Old August 29th 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Ramsey

wrote:

Nobody wants to give up their "right" to
drive with a cell phone, ignore speed limits, run stop lights, etc. even
though such activity puts other people at risk.

"drive with a cell phone" .... ohmygawd. Hey, what about drive with
one of those GPS thingies, or changing CDs or scanning thru XM radio
or....?
Maybe we should require a sterile car so that nothing, absolutely nothing
can distract the driver.

(yep - this crusade about talking on a cellphone is a hot button for me).

Crusade all you want. Argue from silly extremes all you want. Talking on
the phone while driving increases risk of having a serious accident by 4-5
times. But you prove my point beautifully. People don't really give a
rat's arse about being safer if it inconvieniences them, even if the
inconvienience is slight.

Got any data to support that?

Old August 29th 08, 01:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

"Ramsey" @##@.^net wrote in message
news

wrote:

[...]

Yes.

Your google broke?

Old August 29th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Steve Foley wrote:
"T. "Tim" Timothy Haag aka HyoogeUmp56" wrote in
message ...
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/1199-full.html#198676

'Clark County Aviation Director Randy Walker said he thinks experimental
airplanes should be restricted to airports that are located in less densely
populated areas. "I think the regulatory process on airport systems need to
be revisited in the coming weeks. I am going to ask to meet with the members
of our congressional delegation to see if something can be done," he said at
a news conference. "I do not believe under our circumstances that
experimental and high-risk aircraft operations, such as training and solo
flights, belong in an urban airport," he said.'

Seems pretty short-sighted for an Aviation Director. I also think it's naive
for him to think that anything will be done "in the coming weeks".

Other dangerous flight this yahoo wants banned from urban areas,
"training and solo flights."
Old August 29th 08, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Ramsey

"Mike" wrote in message
"Ramsey" @##@.^net wrote in message
news

wrote:

[...]

Do your own homework piggy. Put up, shut, or you my bitch.

Old August 29th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
BobR

Guess the moron will be calling for an end to all flights now since
this was not and experimental and not on a training or initial solo
operation.

BT wrote:
Sadly another airplane has crashed in the vicinity of the North Las Vegas
airport.
A Piper Navajo departed VGT and shortly after departure he called the tower
that he was returning with a rough running engine. The pilot was solo, no
pax. Witnesses on the ground reported the aircraft was on fire and fire
crews were responding to meet the aircraft at the airport when it crashed
short of the runway in a local neighborhood. There were no fatalities to
people on the ground.

BT

Old August 29th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
John[_22_]

"Mike" wrote in message
> [...]
"Ramsey" @##@.^net wrote in message
news

wrote:

[...]

Your bluffs been called, show your cards or fold your hand.

PS. We have laws about proper vehicle operation already, we don't need new
laws that call out specific activiries. Enforce what we have already

Old August 29th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

On Aug 28, 11:25*pm, "BT" wrote:
Sadly another airplane has crashed in the vicinity of the North Las Vegas
airport.
A Piper Navajo departed VGT and shortly after departure he called the tower
that he was returning with a rough running engine. The pilot was solo, no
pax. Witnesses on the ground reported the aircraft was on fire and fire
crews were responding to meet the aircraft at the airport when it crashed
short of the runway in a local neighborhood. There were no fatalities to
people on the ground.

BT

"T. "Tim" Timothy Haag aka HyoogeUmp56" wrote in
g...

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/1199-full.html#198676- Hide quoted text -

What about the pilot? Did he survive?
Old August 29th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Hix

In article o8Rtk.1053$p72.867@trnddc05,
"Steve Foley" wrote:

"BT" wrote in message

Part of the statements of Mr Walker that are not published in AvWeb, but

was
on CNN nation wide, were that he also wants to ban student pilots and
training.

Those statements were included in the AvWeb story:

'I do not believe under our circumstances that
experimental and high-risk aircraft operations, such as training and solo
flights, belong in an urban airport," he said.'

If the latter is a correct quote, Mr. Walker is an idiot.
Old August 29th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Bob F. writes:

First an "experimental" aircraft in aviation talk is just another
classification. The characteristics may be well known and just doesn't fit
into any other class.

My impression is that many aircraft are called experimental in order to get
around certain troublesome regulations.

Secondly, I have personally flown a number of experimental Boeing aircraft
into LAX when I worked for the flight test group there. I believe B747-100
s/n 1 is still classified as experimental. And I flew B401, 2 and 3 (the
first 3 747-400 designated a/c). They too were classified as experimental
and flew into a lot of large airports with heavy population.

How many hours had they flown elsewhere before they visited those large
airports?