Unusual Request

Old May 1st 04, 02:40 AM
ddddd

Default Unusual Request

I would like to have a wood model of my aircraft made.

It is a Mooney Bravo. Do you folks recommend a good company that makes
these custom for your N-number and paint job ? Any advice would be
appreciated.

Old May 1st 04, 03:10 AM
BTIZ

there was a company that advertised in the flying magazines that did this,
they had most of the basic models and could paint it to match your plane..
solid would on a stand.. check FLYING, PRIVATE PILOT, etc... and I think
also SSA Magazine had it for the glider models.

BT

Old May 1st 04, 03:23 AM
Gipper

I would like to have a wood model of my aircraft made.

It is a Mooney Bravo. Do you folks recommend a good company that makes
these custom for your N-number and paint job ? Any advice would be
appreciated.

Not unusual at all. There is one in Ft Worth near KFTW Meacham Field across
the street on the east side of the field, but I can't remember their name.
They are a couple of doors down from the AirSourceOne pilot supply shop.
Contact AirSourceOne and they can give the name I'm sure. They have a
showroom with a bunch of models, was very cool.

Old May 1st 04, 04:12 AM
Ray

Sporty's

http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl....=1571&CATID=96

Old May 1st 04, 01:00 PM
Jay Honeck

I would like to have a wood model of my aircraft made.

There are several to choose from -- take a look on Ebay, and you'll find a
bunch of folks selling mahogany models. Contact them, and they will be glad
to customize one of their Mooney models for you.

It only takes $$$$$. ;-)

And, by the way, if you want something REALLY different, you can have a
stained glass window of YOUR plane made, accurate right down to your "N"
number. See Flying Colors Glass at http://www.flyingcolorsglass.com/ .

Gary (the owner) is the only artist I've found who does ONLY aviation
stained glass. His perspectives and compositions are just about perfect --
not easy to accomplish in glass. He's done several pieces for our hotel,
and they are absolutely gorgeous.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA