"V-22 DESERT TESTING FINDS PROBLEMS THAT HURT MISSION EFFECTIVENESS"

Old January 31st 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Duwop

Default "V-22 DESERT TESTING FINDS PROBLEMS THAT HURT MISSION EFFECTIVENESS"

On Jan 30, 7:01 pm, "DDAY" wrote:
----------
In article .com, "Duwop"

wrote:
These dates sound wrong. I went through 96H AIT at Ft. Huachuca in
1982 and they were test flying them out of there then. IIRC two-three
airframes out of one hangar there at the airfield. Pretty interesting
take-off. Don't remember seeing any landings. ;-)

You're probably thinking of the XV-15.

Didn't think so, the one I saw was longer in the belly with some
actual cargo room. One of the rumors was that the Osprey could replace
the OV-1D. The early version I saw did not have the lower fuselage
bulge the newest version shows.

But, this XV-15 website does specifically mention Huachuca, so maybe
my mind's playing tricks. I've been remembering them as Osprey /
V-22's forever.

http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/Gallery/Mov...M-0040-01.html

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/v-22.htm

Old February 1st 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
DDAY

----------
In article .com, "Duwop"
wrote:

You're probably thinking of the XV-15.

Didn't think so, the one I saw was longer in the belly with some
actual cargo room. One of the rumors was that the Osprey could replace
the OV-1D. The early version I saw did not have the lower fuselage
bulge the newest version shows.

But, this XV-15 website does specifically mention Huachuca, so maybe
my mind's playing tricks. I've been remembering them as Osprey /
V-22's forever.

http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/Gallery/Mov...M-0040-01.html

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/v-22.htm

Your memory's faulty. Bill Norton in his book "Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey"
states that the first V-22 flight was made in Arlington, TX on March 19,
1989. (p. 43)

Old February 2nd 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Duwop

But, this XV-15 website does specifically mention Huachuca, so maybe
my mind's playing tricks. I've been remembering them as Osprey /
V-22's forever.

http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/Gallery/Mov...M-0040-01.html

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/v-22.htm

Your memory's faulty. Bill Norton in his book "Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey"
states that the first V-22 flight was made in Arlington, TX on March 19,
1989. (p. 43)

Yeah yeah, we got it already. You just went from "thanks for the info"
to "thanks for the info .... smart ass".

Old February 3rd 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
DDAY

----------
In article .com, "Duwop"
wrote:

http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/Gallery/Mov...M-0040-01.html

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/v-22.htm

Your memory's faulty. Bill Norton in his book "Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey"
states that the first V-22 flight was made in Arlington, TX on March 19,
1989. (p. 43)

Yeah yeah, we got it already. You just went from "thanks for the info"
to "thanks for the info .... smart ass".

No need to get snotty. I provided a date of first flight and location, plus
a source. Buy the book, or don't. Anyway, you're welcome.