Northern Illinois Soaring Contest

Old March 4th 04, 05:07 PM
John Cochrane

Default Northern Illinois Soaring Contest

We have updated the rules for this year's Northern Illinois Soaring
Contest. The most important change is that the contest is now on a
handicap system. Each pilot has a handicap, and the winner is the one
who does best relative to his handicap. We hope this will attract more
pilots new to cross country soaring to participate in the contest.

http://aerotow.evl.uic.edu/nisc/

This is a successful season-long contest that we have been running in
Northern Illinois for the last 12 years. If you're thinking of running
a similar contest in your region, you may be interested in the rules
that work for us.

John Cochrane (scorer) BB
Old March 5th 04, 01:42 AM
Ray Lovinggood

Herbert,

Now look what you've done! After your performance
last year where you stomped everyone with your 7,987
points out of 8,000 possible, you've run all the competition
off!

Come back to North Carolina where you will compete
against the rag-tag crowd in the Southeast!

Of course, we'll make you fly with one spoiler open
and the other wing removed...

Ray Lovinggood
LS 8(Minus Infinity) ok, it's an LS-1...