Cherokee goes the distance

Old September 29th 06, 05:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_1_]

Default Cherokee goes the distance

Folks,

I took my Cherokee II 104 nm downwind today in about 4 hours, lift was
good in the sun, but overdevelopment was rampant. max altitude was
5500ish AGL, I should be able to claim silver altitude. Matt Michael
chased me which was fantastic. Landed in an Amish farmers hay field,
they were very nice and helpful, matt was there within 10 minutes. We
were inspired for the next generation in crappy glider insignia:

Slow Moving Vehicle Signs!

Think about it! Its PERFECT. All of us with 1-26s and Cherokee's and
the like oughta paint big Orange triangles on our Rudders and the
bottoms of our wings. That way everyone else knows that we are
slowpokes but have fun doing it!

Old September 29th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Terry[_2_]

That is terrific, Tony. It should be the background for the contest
letters/numbers!

Congratulations on a good flight.

Terry
xSSA

Old September 30th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
pbc76049

Slow Moving Vehicle Signs!

Think about it! Its PERFECT. All of us with 1-26s and Cherokee's and
the like oughta paint big Orange triangles on our Rudders and the
bottoms of our wings. That way everyone else knows that we are
slowpokes but have fun doing it!

If you do it right, and use the Mylar adhesive backed stuff from a sign
shop,
I bet it would make a decent radar reflector too......

Scott