flying in Argentina

Old May 1st 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
GeorgeC[_2_]

Default flying in Argentina

Your English is just fine. Better that my Spanish. I would not try to enter
messages into a Spanish language Usenet. Keep up the good work and keep posting.
Were you able to read my Spanish? Your quote can back with the accent
characters and the e~ne (ene) as garbage. I thank my computer do not understand
Spanish.

It should have read:

Dos cervezas, por favor.
Donde esta el bano?

About the trip to Miami, You might have some trouble understating the Cuban
accent. :-). Once a Spaniard told me I sounded like a Mexican movie. I took it
as a compliment. I am sure he meant is as an insult. "So close to Mexico, so far
from God." )

Thank you for your kind offer. I'm sure we could have lots of fun.

On 1 May 2007 04:11:51 -0700, wrote:

On Apr 30, 10:15 pm, GeorgeC wrote:
Do you have to be fluent in Spanish? Or maybe I should ask how fluent do I have
to be? I can get by in Spanish, we call it Tourist Spanish. I can find
something eat, find a hotel and rent a room. And the to most impotent Spanish
sentences.

Dos cervezas, por favor.
¿Dónde está el baño?

On 30 Apr 2007 01:25:59 -0700, wrote:

Argentina would not allow the foreign pilot to fly into national
airspace with a LV matriculated aircraft whiteout fluent Spanish
knowledge.

GeorgeC

well george,
is my English fluent or not? i guess it is not to write a novel, may
be enough to operate radio contact with a tower and very good to enjoy
a trip through miami )

law requires fluent Spanish, i guess to avoid misunderstands during a
special VFR or Taxing a busy airport and so one. Well what is fluent?
will depend in fact on your own discretion and ultimately of the
authorities.

to avoid these bureaucratic steps and furthermore to help you, assist
and guide you, I willl enjoy the trip at your side, be your personal
assistant and will make sure, that you get a very confortable trip,
also with más cervezas if needed or eatch other desire

saludos

arturo

GeorgeC
Old May 1st 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
GeorgeC[_2_]

also with más cervezas if needed or eatch other desire

Maybe some place where they serve beer and at the same time can teach me the
tango. ]:-)

GeorgeC
Old May 1st 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

Arturo,

By the way, I hope you don't think I'm picking on you, I am just interested
in why a country would require Spanish fluency if ATC was fluent in
English.

(I used to live in Asunción, Paraguay so the requirement wouldn't be
unreasonably difficult for me. )

--
Dallas
Old May 1st 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"Dallas" wrote in message

So why do you have a law that requires fluent English speakers to become
fluent in Spanish?

I don't think they require you so speak spanish if you're flying an
N-numbered plane. It looks like that's a requirement to fly an LV-numbered
plane, and to participate (solo) in the tour.

From the website:

You can choose between following packages:
1.. Solo-Flight (only for Spanish speaking)
2.. the led "Classic Trip"(14 days)
3.. the led "Special Trip" (21Tage)
4.. Individually package
1.Solo Flight
As a condition are Spanish knowledge so that you will be able to radio
operations as communicate and understand without problems.
To operate Lima Victor (LV) registered airplanes you need an acknowledgment
of your JAA License for that again Spanish knowledge are necessary.

Old May 3rd 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Cubdriver

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:15:10 -0500, GeorgeC
wrote:

And the to most impotent Spanish
sentences.

I spent January in Ushuaia, and I found that my Spanish was fairly
impotent, too.

Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

(By the way, the GA airport in Ushuaia runs north-south, in a part of
the world where the wind blows strong east-west, given that it has the
whole world around to get up speed. It's a hoot watching the light
planes on final.)