Any Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries come in Lead-acid 12 amp hourcase sizes

Old May 31st 14, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Any Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries come in Lead-acid 12 amp hourcase sizes

My 9.6 Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate battery is amazing in its ability to hold full voltage for hours.
My 12 Ah sealed lead acid battery keeps slowly dropping voltage, especially if it gets cold.
Since my glider has a purpose built holder for the size of the 12Ah lead acid battery, are there any Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries built in the size of the 12Ah lead acid cases?
Old May 31st 14, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Tenergy makes some different sizes.
Have a look here.
http://www.all-battery.com/LiFePO4_SLA.aspx
Jim
Old May 31st 14, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

My Tenergy 10 aH battery is a perfect fit in the ship's battery box. It
replaced a 9 aH lead battery.

Dan Marotta 5J . .

Old May 31st 14, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

I think Stark Power makes a 12 amp hr in a standard case.
Old May 31st 14, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

On Saturday, 31 May 2014 04:44:57 UTC+1, wrote:
My 9.6 Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate battery is amazing in its ability to hold full voltage for hours.

My 12 Ah sealed lead acid battery keeps slowly dropping voltage, especially if it gets cold.

Since my glider has a purpose built holder for the size of the 12Ah lead acid battery, are there any Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries built in the size of the 12Ah lead acid cases?

http://www.accu-24.de/de/LiFePO4-Akk...h-151x65x94-mm

This model is the exact same size as the lead acids which most gliders come with. I have just bought two with the fused top for my Arcus from this website - this is the version I bought:

http://www.accu-24.de/de/LiFePO4-Akk...sg.-MPX-mittig
Old May 31st 14, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I asked the K2 team if they made a 12Ah version.

Basically looking for the equivalent physical size of the Powersonic 12V 10.5Ah battery (151 x 65 x 118mm). To fit in a "normal" Schleicher batt box, just a little taller.

With the LiFePo tech, they would easily get over 12Ah in that size box.

The K2 team said they could and would create that size if they got enough demand for it. So if you're interested, drop them a line.

Britton

ps, why do I want 12 when 9-10 is out there and works fine? some of us run feet warmers and plan for really long days.

Old May 31st 14, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

First off, BIGGER IS ALWAYS BETTER !!! Wingspan. Horsepower. Amp Hours.

I found what you and I are looking for.

http://www.batteryspace.com/Powerize...B-and-LED.aspx

15AH in the 12AH lead box size.

I purchased one this morning.
Old June 6th 14, 12:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bastoune

Have you received your 15aH battery yet? I have an AGM 15ah and was already looking at upgrading with the LifePO4 you selected. Let us know if it is a good as it looks on paper!
Thanks,
Old June 6th 14, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hello Bastoune.
Funny you should ask. I ordered it on Sunday and received it Wednesday. The case is EXACTLY the same size as my 12AH lead battery. The LifePO4 battery weighs only 1800gm! I wired it up last night and will fly with it on Sunday. I am planning on a 7-8 hour flight so it will be a good test of both capacity and how it responds to a cold soak. The charger I have for my K2 LifePO4 battery meets all the specifications for charging the larger battery. The new battery also has a built in charge level meter!

The lead battery is going to the recycler today.
Old July 13th 14, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

On Saturday, 31 May 2014 16:33:58 UTC+1, waremark wrote:
On Saturday, 31 May 2014 04:44:57 UTC+1, wrote:

My 9.6 Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate battery is amazing in its ability to hold full voltage for hours.

My 12 Ah sealed lead acid battery keeps slowly dropping voltage, especially if it gets cold.

Since my glider has a purpose built holder for the size of the 12Ah lead acid battery, are there any Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries built in the size of the 12Ah lead acid cases?

http://www.accu-24.de/de/LiFePO4-Akk...h-151x65x94-mm

This model is the exact same size as the lead acids which most gliders come with. I have just bought two with the fused top for my Arcus from this website - this is the version I bought:

http://www.accu-24.de/de/LiFePO4-Akk...sg.-MPX-mittig

These batteries have been a plug and play swap for the original equipment lead acid ones. They are working fine with my Strobl solar panels and with the original battery chargers, and since I have had them, in flights up to five hours I have not had to switch from one battery to the second. (I have two very power hungry panels, with LX9000 displays and much else).