McCain in '08

Old July 11th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jessica Rhodes[_1_]

Default McCain in '08

Larry Dighera wrote:

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:07:13 -0500, "Dan Luke"
wrote in
::

"Larry Dighera" wrote:

I know nothing of the particulars of Sen. McCain's confinement, but this
stuff gives off a very strong aroma of fertilizer:

Ted Guy, a former Air Force Colonel held 5 1/2 years by the Vietnamese
and McCain's senior ranking officer (SRO) in the POW camp, told the
U.S. Veteran Dispatch he cannot remember the communists ever laying a

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
hand on McCain.

Other sources have told the U.S. Veteran Dispatch that the Vietnamese

^^^^^^^^^^^
are holding as much as fifty hours of film footage secretly taken of

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
McCain during the time his KGB-trained handlers had him isolated from
other U.S. prisoners of war.

Some of the film, according to the sources, is of McCain receiving

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
special privileges during the time he claims he was being tortured and
held in long-term solitary confinement.

etc., etc.

and finally:

It is not yet publicly known just how much he collaborated and what
kind of favors he received in return. Those in the U.S. government
that do know are not talking.

So...guess what?...it's a conspiracy!

Yes. The quote is a bit reactionary. :-)

I meant to quote this version:
http://www.sierratimes.com/cgi-bin/i...rum=2&topic=85
which contains this bit of information:

Lest we forget, he [McCain] was also one of the "Keating Five,"
the five U.S. senators whom the convicted Phoenix savings and
loans financier, Charles Keating, a 'mega fraud' in a financial
sense comparable to that of the McCain's alleged war record,
turned to when he needed favors in Washington, Disease. "Birds of
a feather flock together?"

And while we are discussing the Keating Five, let's not forget the rest of the
Keating Five:

Alan MacG. Cranston (D-California)
Dennis W. DeConcini (D-Arizona)
John H. Glenn Jr. (D-Ohio)
Donald W. Riegle Jr. (D-Michigan)

Old July 11th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article , Jessica Rhodes wrote:

gatt wrote:

It is not yet publicly known just how much he collaborated and what
kind of favors he received in return. Those in the U.S. government
that do know are not talking.

Unless they risked their ass as McCain did and served as a POW themselves,
his political opponents' opinion isn't worth cold **** in an old boot.

The more people trash-talk McCain's service a Prisoner of War, the more
likely I am to support him. Right or left, America needs to identify,
publically humiliate and politically destroy any of these political asshats
who challenge the people's combat records for political leverage,
especially
when those doing the trash-mouthing never once laced up a boot or a
flightsuit for their people.

I admire Sen McCain's service in the military and the sacrifices he endured
several decades ago, as a naval aviatior. Today however, he is a politician.
say that someone can not disagree with a political position, opinion, or a
politician without insulting one's former service as a soldier, sailor, or
airman is fundamentally ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure that gatt was reacting to the opponent's trashing of McCain's
POW experience rather than any opponent disagreeing with any political
position.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old July 11th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:26:43 -0400, Jessica Rhodes
wrote in ::

And while we are discussing the Keating Five, let's not forget the rest of the
Keating Five:

It would seem that they would be off-topic in this message thread.
Old July 12th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

why?

Old July 12th 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John[_2_]

wrote in ::

And while we are discussing the Keating Five, let's not forget the rest of the
Keating Five:

It would seem that they would be off-topic in this message thread.

Bringing up Keating Five in the context of the one Republican (sort of) Senator in
the bunch, and posting a dissertation about it is ok for Larry.

Merely mentioning the name of the other four Keating Five Senators after Larry's
dissertation is "off topic."

Got it.

Old July 12th 06, 11:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
.. .
| On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:26:43 -0400, Jessica Rhodes

| wrote in ::
|

| And while we are discussing the Keating Five, let's not
forget the rest of the
| Keating Five:
|
| It would seem that they would be off-topic in this message
thread.

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:03:34 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
wrote in
T%Wsg.67139$ZW3.49994@dukeread04::

why?

Because The Keating Five are not the topic the original poster chose
as the subject of this message thread. The thread refers to McCain
not the Keating Five. While McCain was a member of the Keating Five,
the subject only refers to McCain, so discussing the other members of
the Keating Five would appear to be off-topic.

If a reader chooses to change the subject of the message, s/he should
change the subject thus:

Subject: OT: The Keating Five (Was: McCain in '08)

Surely you were able to deduce that.

Old July 12th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Larry Dighera wrote:

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
.. .
| On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:26:43 -0400, Jessica Rhodes

| wrote in ::
|

| And while we are discussing the Keating Five, let's not
forget the rest of the
| Keating Five:
|
| It would seem that they would be off-topic in this message
thread.

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:03:34 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
wrote in
T%Wsg.67139$ZW3.49994@dukeread04::

why?

Because The Keating Five are not the topic the original poster chose
as the subject of this message thread. The thread refers to McCain
not the Keating Five. While McCain was a member of the Keating Five,
the subject only refers to McCain, so discussing the other members of
the Keating Five would appear to be off-topic.

If a reader chooses to change the subject of the message, s/he should
change the subject thus:

Surely you were able to deduce that.

The subject is "McCain in '08", so discussion of his involvement in the
:Keating 5" IS relevant to the subject line. Unfortunately, the subject
line is relevant to rec.aviation.piloting only by the a thin thread --
namely McCain's relationship with GA.

In that context, his impact on GA IS relevant, as are character issues.
Old July 12th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news

The subject is "McCain in '08", so discussion of his involvement in the
:Keating 5" IS relevant to the subject line. Unfortunately, the subject
line is relevant to rec.aviation.piloting only by the a thin thread --
namely McCain's relationship with GA.

In that context, his impact on GA IS relevant, as are character issues.

But the rest of the Keating Five would not be relevant. It appears you've
not followed the thread.

Old July 12th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune[_1_]

Listen, you lefty, this "news" does not invalidate his criticisms of the
Destroyer.

Go out and vote for Angelides, Kerry or Clinton, or whomever you deem to
be a more honest pol.

Old July 12th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune[_1_]

I admire McCain for his service to the country. I dislike Boyer for his
dis-service to the country.

At least you didn't go on a whacko left wing character assination track,
like certain of the lefties out west...