Three leg GS to TAS calculation

Old September 10th 04, 01:35 AM
Mike Rapoport

Default Three leg GS to TAS calculation

Does anybody know the calculation to get TAS from the GS of three legs 90
deg apart? Thanks.

Mike
MU-2

Old September 10th 04, 01:47 AM
Jon Woellhaf

Mike,

Check out Ed Williams' great Aviation Formulary at
http://williams.best.vwh.net/avform.htm

Jon

link.net...

Old September 10th 04, 01:58 AM
john smith

With four 90 deg legs of the same length, you just average the sum.

Old September 10th 04, 02:03 AM
Stan Prevost

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
link.net...
Does anybody know the calculation to get TAS from the GS of three legs 90
deg apart? Thanks.

Mike
MU-2

Not exactly, Mike, but Ed Willams has it for legs 120 deg apart.

http://williams.best.vwh.net/avform.htm#3gs

Stan

Old September 10th 04, 04:04 AM
Aaron Coolidge

Mike Rapoport wrote:
: Does anybody know the calculation to get TAS from the GS of three legs 90
: deg apart? Thanks.

: Mike
: MU-2

So, how fast is the Helio? I would guess about 0.35 MU-2 units... of
course I've never seen an MU-2 with floats, either...
--
Aaron Coolidge

Old September 10th 04, 05:43 AM

On 9-Sep-2004, "Jon Woellhaf" wrote:

Check out Ed Williams' great Aviation Formulary at
http://williams.best.vwh.net/avform.htm

And here are a couple mo

http://www.csgnetwork.com/tasgpscalc.html

http://www.reacomp.com/true_airspeed/

--
-Elliott Drucker
Old September 10th 04, 08:21 AM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Aaron Coolidge wrote:

So, how fast is the Helio? I would guess about 0.35 MU-2 units... of
course I've never seen an MU-2 with floats, either...

They made one but it was so loud during taxi that the water cracked
open and it sank.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old September 10th 04, 03:48 PM
Marc J. Zeitlin

john smith wrote:

With four 90 deg legs of the same length, you just average the sum.

Only if you want the wrong answer.

Think about it.

--
Marc J. Zeitlin
http://marc.zeitlin.home.comcast.net/

Old September 10th 04, 06:05 PM
Mike Rapoport

A little better actually. On Saturday I measured 140kts at 5000' and 50F at
the recommended cruise setting.

The airspeed indicator seems to read correctly at cruise but it reads at
least 8kts high around 55kts.

Mike
MU-2