USB CH Products Flight Yoke issue

Old September 13th 03, 02:41 AM
Dan Moos

Default USB CH Products Flight Yoke issue

Hey gang, my USB flight yoke (CH Products Flight Sim Yoke LE) has a strange
problem.

When I boot up, it is fine, but if I don't use it for something like 5
minutes, it stops working completely. I have to unplug it, and plug it back
in to get windows to re-discover it. Then all is fine. My CH Products USB
rudder pedals have no such issue.

Old September 13th 03, 12:12 PM
Don Parker

Dan Moos wrote:
Hey gang, my USB flight yoke (CH Products Flight Sim Yoke LE) has a
strange problem.

When I boot up, it is fine, but if I don't use it for something like 5
minutes, it stops working completely. I have to unplug it, and plug
it back in to get windows to re-discover it. Then all is fine. My CH
Products USB rudder pedals have no such issue.

Have you tried switching ports, plug the yoke where the pedals are, then you
can see if the problem follows the yoke?
--
Cheers'n Beers [_])
Don

Old September 13th 03, 06:43 PM
Dan Moos

Have you tried switching ports, plug the yoke where the pedals are, then
you
can see if the problem follows the yoke?

Yes. In fact, this is even a different motherboard than I had when the
problem started. Both boards have quite a few USB ports, and none gave
different results.

I figure its a software issue, or my yoke has something physicaly wrong with
it

Old September 13th 03, 08:20 PM
Don Parker

Dan Moos wrote:
I figure its a software issue, or my yoke has something physicaly
wrong with it

Be nice to find someone with a USB yoke you could borrow. I think I'd lean
more towards the yoke than software, but I also have ample scar tissue from
being bit in the butt on wrong assumptions... Good luck!
--
Cheers'n Beers [_])
Don

Old September 15th 03, 11:20 PM
Woody

"Dan Moos" wrote in message
news

Hey gang, my USB flight yoke (CH Products Flight Sim Yoke LE) has a

strange
problem.

When I boot up, it is fine, but if I don't use it for something like 5
minutes, it stops working completely. I have to unplug it, and plug it

back
in to get windows to re-discover it. Then all is fine. My CH Products USB
rudder pedals have no such issue.

Hi,

Could it be that your system is dropping out the USB port to save power?
If you have Windows XP, it could be a possibility because of XP's power
management features.

What you could try is going to the Hardware Device Manager in Control Panel,
fine the entries called "USB Root Hub" in the Universal Serial Bus section.
Right click on each, go to properties, then power management tab. Remove the
tick from the option called "Allow the computer to turn off this device to
save power"
With that option turned off, the system cannot turn off your USB ports.

It might not be the answer, but it is worth a try.

Also, yokes often have problems when run through an ecternal hub. If you are
running it via a hub, try hooking it directly the the USB ports on the back
of the case. (i.e. the motherboard USB ports)

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski, RN. BNurs. QUT, PGCert(CCU)
Editor, Computer Pilot Magazine.
The Monthly Magazine for Desktop Pilots & Flight Simulation Enthusiasts
http://www.computerpilot.com

PC Aviator - The Flight Simulation Company
Providing Flight Simulation Hardware & Software for Over 12 Years!
http://www.pcaviator.com.au (Australasian Customers)
http://www.pcaviator.com (U.S., Canadian and International Customers)