UK2 WF632 Shorts SB3 PhilButlerColl.jpg

Old October 13th 17, 04:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
joet5[_2_]

Default UK2 WF632 Shorts SB3 PhilButlerColl.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UK2 WF632 Shorts SB3 PhilButlerColl.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	96016
Old October 13th 17, 09:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

All of the top five ugly aircraft are British. And this one is a finalist.
Old October 14th 17, 12:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)[_2_]

On Sat, 14 Oct 2017 10:18:44 +0100, Petear wrote:

wrote:

All of the top five ugly aircraft are British.

The noisiest are Mercun.

WHAT?? You'll have to speak up!
Old October 14th 17, 08:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john szalay

Peter wrote in

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote:

Petear wrote:
wrote:

All of the top five ugly aircraft are British.

The noisiest are Mercun.

WHAT?? You'll have to speak up!

I SAID:
https://youtu.be/7lTiEcBhv9o

always thought The noisiest was the Tu-95

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-2dfEc70gU
Old October 14th 17, 08:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

My Dad said the loudest was the North American T2A (not the B). It had no
tail pipe, so even the tiny J34 could put out the decibels. "If sound could
be converted to speed the T2A would have been supersonic."
Old October 15th 17, 09:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)[_2_]

Petear wrote:
wrote:

All of the top five ugly aircraft are British.

The noisiest are Mercun.

WHAT?? You'll have to speak up!

I SAID:
https://youtu.be/7lTiEcBhv9o

I am always impressed with how quiet the latest Boeing tubes have
become, compared to the first gen 707, 727 and 737. Noisiest thing
I've heard lately, though, was an old Learjet 24 courier taking off
from BFI; that and the Cessna 182 float plane that flies sightseeing
flights from about a mile from my home.

always thought The noisiest was the Tu-95

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-2dfEc70gU

Cool! 32 prop tips breaking the sound barrier go a long way towards
piling up decibels. Sounds like films of the B-36...
Old October 16th 17, 01:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-10-15 08:05:30 +0000, "Bob (not my real pseudonym)"
said:

I am always impressed with how quiet the latest Boeing tubes have
become, compared to the first gen 707, 727 and 737.

I have all sorts of time as a passenger in 727's, & 737's of all
vintages, and have yet to fly in the new 737 MAX, so it is to soon for
me to comment.

I am very impressed with the 787, and over the last year it has become
my AC of choice when flying KLM (or any other airline if available). I
have had several SFO-AMS-SFO flights (KLM) in the 787-9, and they have
been so much more comfortable in all respects to the 777 and 747, even
in economy (In the 787 I have only flown in their Economy Comfort
seating). I have come to dislike flying in the 777, especially in
economy. I have flown KLM Business class in 747 and 777 and that is
pretty good.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

Old October 16th 17, 12:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)[_2_]

On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 17:02:20 -0700, Savageduck

On 2017-10-15 08:05:30 +0000, "Bob (not my real pseudonym)"
said:

I am always impressed with how quiet the latest Boeing tubes have
become, compared to the first gen 707, 727 and 737.

I have all sorts of time as a passenger in 727's, & 737's of all
vintages, and have yet to fly in the new 737 MAX, so it is to soon for
me to comment.

I am very impressed with the 787, and over the last year it has become
my AC of choice when flying KLM (or any other airline if available). I
have had several SFO-AMS-SFO flights (KLM) in the 787-9, and they have
been so much more comfortable in all respects to the 777 and 747, even
in economy (In the 787 I have only flown in their Economy Comfort
seating). I have come to dislike flying in the 777, especially in
economy. I have flown KLM Business class in 747 and 777 and that is
pretty good.

Alas, I have very little time inside any of the above; my observations
are from the groundlubber-under-the-flightpath earview. It's been a
couple decades since I've been on an airliner - a 757 with a rocket in
its pocket. Other than that, had a great flight on a DHC-2 Beaver
float plane a couple years ago.